Chapter 19: To calm my tears and kill these fears

*Zac's POV*

My whole body ached. Not a single part of my body felt ok, even my hair was in pain. I opened my eyes slowly, it felt like they hadn't been opened in years. I groaned a little as I saw the bright hospital lights blind me. 

"Zac?" Someone whispered to my side. I moved my head as much as I could muster before the pain became too unbearable. 

"Taylor?" I whispered, it was the loudest I could speak. 

"Bro, are you ok? Does it hurt?" He asked concerningly. 

"All over." I whispered, telling the truth.

"What happened? The damage done to the car was so bad they weren't able to understand what exactly went down in that car." Taylor spoke at a normal volume.

"I told him" I just about breathed.

"What?" Taylor asked as he leaned in closer to hear better.

"I told him...about you and Hayley." I said, trying to speak louder.

"You did? And he crashed the car because of it?"

"Yeah. He had the same reaction all of us did. But I think he also realized she wasn't his anymore." 

"But they broke up before we got back together..." Taylor said slowly.

"Doesn't matter, he still had hopes of them two getting back together." I said with a slight shake of my head.

"How do you know this?" Taylor pressured me.

"Cause he's my brother. They dated for three years, he was crazy about her. He still is. Now can you leave me alone? This pain is killing me." I said a little irritated. 

"Sure." Taylor perked up, jumping up from his seat next to my bed.

"Wait, how is Josh?" I asked before Taylor left the room.

He just shook his head as he walked out.

*Hayley's POV*

I sat in that chair for what felt like ages before he woke up. When he finally did wake up, I was on the verge of falling asleep.

"Hayley?" He whispered as he started to sit up.

"Hey bud. How ya feelin?" I asked calmly.

"Ok, I guess. Where am I?" He asked confused.

"You're in the hospital Josh, you were in a car accident." I said sadly, afraid what his response would be.

"Woah" He breathed. "When?"

"Yesterday. You just woke up. Josh...they thought...they thought you...they thought you weren't gonna make it" I said, breaking down in tears. 

"Well I'm a tough cookie" Josh joked. I chuckled through my tears. "Come here." He said as he patted the space on the bed next to him.

"Josh, I don't think that's wise." I said slowly. I didn't want to lay on a bed with him. I was with Taylor now, Josh was in my past.

"Yeah. I heard you were with Taylor now" He said, sounding pissed off. 

"Josh, get over it. You're the one that broke up with me. Remember that." I said as I got up and walked out of the room.

"Hayley are you ok?!" Taylor jumped up from his seat on the bench across the hall from Josh's room.

I grabbed onto him, tears streaming down my face. 

"Shh. I've got you. It's ok babe. You're with me." Taylor whispered into my hair.