Chapter 10: If you run away now, Will you come back around?

*Jeremy's POV*

I was just about to put a chip in my mouth, when my phone buzzed with a text. I was at my brother house, enjoying the Titans game. I ate the chip, then looked at my phone to see who wanted my attention. 

Band meeting, my house. NOW

A text from Hayley wanted everyone to come to her house. I sighed. This whole band has way too much drama in it. 

"What's wrong?"Solo asked, not taking his eyes off the game.

"Hayley called a band meeting. So much fucking drama goes on in this band between her and Josh." I said exasperated. Solo just shook his head. 

I stood up and grabbed my jacket off a hook next to the door.

"I'll be back....hopefully."I said as I walked out the door. "Fuck," I mumbled as I realized it was raining. I ran to my truck and turned the key into the ignition, backing out of the driveway.

When I got to Hayley's apartment complex, I saw Taylor's car, but the Farro car was nowhere in sight. Even if Josh still didn't come home, Zac should be here. 

As soon as I knocked on Hayley's door, it opened to reveal a guy that was almost as tall as I was, with a giant brown afro.

"Hey Tay. What did you want me here for Hayles?" I asked as I walked past Taylor.

"So Josh is back. He came here to apologize, but I closed the door in his face. Then Zac came over to tell us that Josh came over to their house to apologize to him, but Zac ran out on him and came here." Hayley said, a cup of coffee in her hands as she walked out of the kitchen area. 

'So, where is Zac?" I asked, looking around.

"That's the problem," Taylor said, coming up behind me. "He ran out on us too"

"And why is that?" I asked, pissed they kept leaving things out in their explanation.

"So um, Jerm please don't get mad..."Hayley mumbled."...but um Taylor and I um k-k-kissed and well Taylor he um got a little too comforting to me when I told Zac about Josh and Zac got mad that I moved on past Josh." 

Unbelieveable. I just shook my head completely speechless. 

"Is this all you wanted me for?" I demanded, raising my voice.

Hayley nodded slightly. 

I sighed then sat down on the couch, putting my face in my hands. 

"Hayley, you know that I love you and all, but you need to stop interrupting my football games to help you with your problems." I said into my hands. 

"I'm sorry Jerm. I'm just worried about Zac. How are we supposed to find him?"Hayley asked, sitting down next to me.

"I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want to be found right now. If you really need to know if he's ok, call his house." I said turning towards her.

"Thanks Jerm," she said pulling me into a hug. 

"If you need me any more, I'll be at Solo's house. Please don't need me." I said getting up. I walked out and headed back to my car. 

*Zac's POV*

My brother betrayed me, now my best friends? Could this day get any worse?

I ran out of Hayley's and forgot my umbrella, and my jacket didn't have a hood. 

It was getting dark, and my stomach was growling for food. I had five dollars in my pocket so I walked into the McDonalds that was in the bad part of Nashville. Yup, I walked all the way to Nashville, almost three hours of walking at this point. 

I sat down with my food, wondering if anyone was looking for me. I doubted it, I was the one nobody cared about in the band. I got a double cheeseburger and a coke, scarfing it down in an unprecedented short period. 

As I walked out of the restaurant, two guys stood up from their table and followed me. They followed me down the block. I walked down a residential street, hoping to lose them, but it only made them move faster. 

 They were right behind me, only a few steps back when I stopped and turned around. The taller one then grabbed me. 

"Looks like we have a little runt on our hands." The one holding me joked to the other guy. 

The one that didn't have a grip on me, punched me in the gut. I grunted. 

They both laughed. The one that had a grip on me kicked me in the back of my knee, making me fall down. The grip on me released so they both could kick me. 

I scrambled to get up, but one of them punched me in the head, causing everything to go black.