Chapter 20: The constant battle that you hate to fight

*Hayley's POV*

It had been two weeks since Josh and Zac got out of the hospital. They were both stuck there for almost a month. Josh was dealing with a concussion and post-traumatic stress disorder, constantly waking up from nightmares about the crash. Zac got hit the worst in the accident and had ruptured his spleen. We were going back on tour in less than three weeks and needed all the practice that we could possibly get. 

I was on my way to pick up Jeremy, with Taylor already in the passenger seat. Our hands were intertwined on the armrest between us.

"You excited for practice?" I asked, ending the silence in the car.

"Yeah! It's my first practice with the band. Of course I'm excited!" Taylor practically yelled, getting pumped up. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"I'm glad you are. It'll be nice to have your energy on stage." I said as I turned into Jeremy's driveway.

I'm hereeee. Now get your lazy ass into my car bitch.

I texted Jeremy to let him know we were at his house, just like he always did when he picked me up.

"Yooo" Jeremy said in his southern drawl as he climbed in the back seat. 

"Hey Worm" I said, as I pulled out of the driveway.

"Ugh, practice is gonna be tortureeee" Jeremy groaned.

"And why's that? Is it always?" Taylor asked, getting worried.

"Well the fact that Hayley is making us half an hour late, and we haven't even gotten to the place yet, I'd say it's gonna be worse than usual." Jeremy said, winking at me. He knew my clock was an hour ahead because I was too lazy to change it when daylight savings time ended the week before. 

"Oh god. What happens when we're late? Do we get in trouble. I don't wanna get in trouble at my first practice." Taylor said, panicking. 

"Oh, well we aren't supposed to be late. Especially if it's about an hour late. The label is gonna drop us now. Shit" I said, continuing on with Jeremy's joke.

"Why are you driving so slow then?!" Taylor yelled. "Put the pedal to the medal and get there now!"

"Can someone text the guys to let them know we're gonna be late?" Jeremy asked. "I'd do it but I left my phone at my house. Oh, be sure to blame Hayley for all of this too." 

"Sure" Taylor said, as he got out his phone. "....wait a minute....Hayley, I think your clock isn't programmed right. We are actually on time. Your clock is an hour fast." Taylor said slowly, looking up at me.

I had the biggest grin on my face, while Jeremy couldn't stop laughing in the back.

"You played me? Seriously? You played me! How could you?" Taylor kept repeating as we made our way into the parking lot of the practice building.

*Josh's POV*

 Zac and I arrived at practice thanks to our dad. I doubt I would be allowed to drive for at least a few months. Once we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed Hayley's car was already there. When we climbed out of the car, Hayley, Jeremy, and Taylor were waiting for us at the open doorway. 

"Hey y'all" Jeremy greeted us. "How y'all doin?"

"I'm alright," I said quietly.

"Doing better than a few weeks ago that's for sure." Zac said, as we all made our way into the building.

I was the last one to make their way into the place. Hayley and Taylor were in front of me, and they kept bumping into each other and then giggling. It made me sick to my stomach. 

We started practicing, trying to find an intro for the tour. This was our big Final Riot Tour, so everything had to be perfect. My creative juices were flowing, and I was able to come up with a kick ass intro. Jeremy, Zac, and I worked on it while Hayley talked to Taylor.

“It’s perfect bro! Nice work!” Zac said, getting up from his drum set to give me a pat on the back.

“Yeah, he’s right.” Jeremy said.

I smiled. “Thanks guys.” I cleared my throat, getting Hayley and Taylor’s attention. “So should we run it from the top once again?”

“Run what?” Hayley asked confused. Standing next to her, Taylor looked like a lost puppy.

“The intro. It’s done” I said sternly.

“Oh, what did y’all settle on?” She asked, completely clueless.

“Maybe you would know if you wouldn’t stop fucking flirting with Taylor. This is band practice, not a fucking date." I said, raising my voice.

The room was utterly quiet for five minutes straight. Hayley stared at me, her eyes beginning to water. 

"Seriously Hayley. Get your priorities together." I mumbled as I put my guitar down.

Tears came streaming down her face as she turned to run out of the room. 

"Hayley wait!" Taylor called as he ran after her.

I shook my head at both of them, laughing to myself.

Jeremy sighed. "Guess practice is over...?" Zac said, barely audible. 

"Guess so." I said. "At least the intro is pretty much finished. Be prepared for practice tomorrow." 

"Great. Just fucking great." Jeremy complained. "Think you can give a ride home?" 

"I guess..." I said, starting to help Zac break down his drum set. 

By the time we got to the parking lot, Hayley's car was gone and I couldn't help smiling to myself even though some part of me hated to know she wasn't near me anymore. 

*Author's Note*

So my school unblocked wattpad, so now I can post again at school. Sorry for how long it took to write this chapter, I just wanted you guys to have a long chapter. Hope you liked it!