Chapter 26: So everyone will have a choice

Five Years Ago

*Taylor's POV*

It was a hotter than hell Tuesday in summer. Justin and I were stupidly helping Chris move in to a new house with his girlfriend. Stupidly, because for the past week the smoking hot weather woman said that today would be the hottest day of the year. Chris decided all of two days ago that today would be the best day for him to move into the new house.

So now Justin and I are sweating so bad that my clothes are dripping, but Chris gets to relax on the couch Justin and I carried in about two hours ago. We carry in the hundred pound dinner table that used to live in my parents basement into the dining room.

"This is ridiculous" Justin says with an exasperated sigh.

"Chris, seriously what the fuck" I complained.

Chris turned around, shocked that his baby brother would use such vulgar language.

"What's wrong? Did one of you guys hurt yourself? Please don't tell me you're hurt, I can't afford to hire professional movers." Chris said, standing up and walking towards us. 

"No, we're fine. Well as fine as two guys can be when they're forced to move their brothers furniture in 100 degree heat." Justin said, with a sigh before taking a big gulp from his water bottle.

"We are not fine Chris. We have been slaving in this godforsaken heat for the past four hours without any help from you. I don't know we are forced to do all this bullshit labor and you can't even help us out. You're too damn busy on that shitty phone texting your girlfriend. Like come fucking on man!" I said, flipping out. 

Chris stayed calm and just nodded. "I understand. I'm sorry. How about we just call it a quits for the day. I can afford to house the uhaul for another day. I'll buy us all lunch. How do hoagies sound?" Chris said, getting ready to dial a number on his cellphone.

"Sounds good to me" Justin said. I stayed silent, until Justin slapped me in the gut.

"Yea, sounds good to me too." I said quietly.

While Chris walked into the barely furnished living room, I pulled Justin upstairs into what would probably become a bedroom tomorrow. 

"I have something I really need to tell you." I said, whispering even though nobody was around us.

"What's up?" Justin asked concerned.

"Um...please don't get mad." I said nervously.

"Umm, I can't really promise anything, but I'll try. What is it?" Justin replied cautiously.

"Uhh, Hayley's umm Hayley is pregnant." I stammered. 

Justin's jaw dropped. He just shook his head. "Wow. I can't, I-I can't believe it." He said, laughing it off.

"So, like what do I do?" I asked, freaking out.

"Well, for starters you gotta tell Mom and Dad. Good luck with that. Dad's gonna rip your head off. But like, do you wanna keep it? That's gonna be a shit ton of responsibility. And that's saying if Hayley wants to keep the baby."

"What if we don't want to keep the baby? I don't know if I'm ready to be a dad, and I want the baby in a good home. Hell, if we keep the baby, Mom and Dad are gonna make me marry Hayley. I don't want to marry her, at least not now. We're still in high school." I ranted.

"Then give the baby up for adoption. Listen bro, I'll support either decision, but the best one for all three of y'all is to give that baby up for adoption. Neither of y'all is ready to be a parent, and y'all are way too young. Give the baby up to a family that will love that baby even more than you two will." He said, seriously.

"Ok, thanks." I said, nodding.

"Let's get back downstairs. I'm dying to eat something." Justin said, walking out the door. 

Author's Note

I'm freaking out sooo much right now. I'm seeing Paramore tomorrow!! Ahhh! Is anyone else gonna be at Susquehanna tomorrow to see them? Maybe we can meet up? I would love to meet you guys! Send me a message if you are ;)