Chapter 25: Keep me safe inside, your arms like towers, tower over me

*Taylor's POV*

Our tour kicks off tomorrow night, but none of us are excited for it to start. With the news of Amy's death, we all fell into a pit of depression, with Hayley being hit the hardest. When we started our journey from Nashville to Nevada, Hayley got into her bunk and has refused to come out since. Last night while everyone was asleep, I heard her sniffling and whispering to herself. I climbed out of my own bunk and into hers. I held her tight as she continued to cry. "Why us?" She kept repeating into my shoulder. I didn't respond, I just held her against me as she drifted to sleep. 

Last night broke my heart. I couldn't let Hayley stay in her bed, not today. We hadn't gone on a date in a long time, and none of them really counted as an official date. I wanted to make her happy, I needed to make her happy.

"Hey babe, " I started leaning into her bunk.

"Hi" She mumbled. 

I climbed into her bunk with her, pulling her into an embrace.

"Let's go out today. You haven't see the sun in so long you're more pale that I thought was possible." I said teasing. She giggled quietly. 

"Do I have to?" She asked, pulling away.

"Yup. I'm forcing you to have fun." I said, getting out of the bunk. "Come on, get up."

Hayley climbed out after me, and headed towards the bathroom. A few minutes later, we got out of the parked tour bus.

 "Where y'all going?" Zac called to us through the open door.

"Somewhere." Taylor called over his should, and grabbed my hand with a giant smile on his face. 

"Where's somewhere?" I asked, excited for our adventure.

"You'll find out." Taylor said, picking up his pace.

*Author's Note*

I don't have a computer to write with during the summer sadly. Our school provides us with laptops during the school year, and now sadly I don't have the laptop until September. That said, I will mainly have to write this story with my phone which sucks because the autocorrect is in text lingo and doesn't capitalize much. Sorry in advance for long times between updates and also for horrible spelling and capitalization errors.