Chapter 11: I've seen you cry way too many times

*Josh's POV*

I was sitting in the kitchen, eating dinner with the rest of my family,minus Zac, when the phone rang. My dad jumped up to get it, getting sauce on his tie. 

"Shi.." My dad mumbled, stopping the curse word before it reached my baby sister's ears. 

"Hello?" He said into the receiver once he answered the phone.

"Yes this is he" He said, a confused look on his face. Then suddenly, it went ghost white. I looked at him with alarm, wondering what was said on the phone.

"Ok, t-t-thank you." He said, sadness in his voice.

"Who was that dear?" My mom asked, staring down Jonathan who hadn't touched his vegetables. 

"Can you come into the living room please?" My dad said to my mom, his eyes watering.

Before a tear could escape, he pushed through the door into the living room, my mom on his heels. 

The door blocked their voices from entering the room, so Jonathan, Nate and I exchanged looks and shrugs while we waited for our parents to return to the kitchen.

When they finally did, both my parents had tears streaming down their faces. My mom looked to my dad and nodded.

"What's going on?" Nate asked nervously. My mom sat down, but my dad stayed standing.

"Guys, I don't know how to put this but we have some really bad news." My dad said before breaking down again.

*Author's Note* 

Please let me know what you think of this story. I know it's not much tayley at this moment, but I'm just trying to build a storyline right now. Any ideas on what to add to the story are greatly appreciated. Thanks sooo much for getting me over 1.3K reads, really means a lot, hope you guys are enjoying it!