Chapter 2: Forget The Things We Swore We Meant

*Hayley's POV* 

I woke up to the bright light finding its way into my bunk. I must've forgotten to close the curtain before I fell asleep last night. I felt an arm stir on my back, bringing back the memories of the day before. I stretched, subtly waking Jeremy up so that I wouldn't be stuck in my bunk. He yawned, stretched, and rolled out of the bunk, falling onto the floor with a grunt. I fell into a giggle fit and couldn't breathe. Jeremy groaned which made me laugh even more.

"Seriously, shut up Hayley. You're so annoying. I'm trying to sleep." I heard from the bunk above me.

I shook my head, and looked down at Jeremy who looked like he was about to jump up into Josh's bunk and beat him up. I kinda wished he would.

"Come on Hayles," Jeremy said standing up and pulling me out of my bunk by my hand.

I followed him into the front of the bus where Zac was sitting eating a bowl of Captain Crunch.

"Mornin'" He said with his mouth full of cereal.

Jeremy nodded while grabbing two bowls and the box of cereal out of the cabinets.

"Good morning!" I said, my mood changing instantaneously when I got away from Josh, while Jeremy poured cereal into two plain white bowls.

"You excited for this interview?" Zac asked, taking a break from his cereal.

"Nooo," Jeremy whined. I giggled.

"I guess..." I said shrugging. "How 'bout you Zac?" I questioned him already knowing the answer. He didn't really talk much on interviews,and it didn't help that his brother took almost every question he could possibly answer. He shook his head no, answering my question.

Jeremy put a bowl of cereal on the table in front of me, then sat down next to Zac and began to eat his own heaping bowl. 

"Oooh, it's got berries in it this time," I said surprised. For the most of the tour, we had the bland, original flavor of Captain Crunch. But apparently, this box was differently. 

"Mmhmm" Jeremy hummed with a spoonful of cereal already in his mouth. I picked out all the regular cereal, leaving the berries, my favorite part, for the very end. When I was almost done eating my breakfast, Josh came out from the bunk area and sat down next to me. 

"Morning," I said, my spoon in mid air about to eat another spoonful of cereal. 

"Can we talk in private Hayles?" Josh asked quietly. I nodded, and he stood up and walked towards the back of the bus, me in tow. 

"What's up?" I asked nervously. The last time he wanted to talk in private was when he told me that he wanted Jeremy out of the band. 

"I'm really sorry for flipping out at you yesterday. I just feel like we're falling out of step with each other. Can we forget the past and restart everything? I still love you, and I hope you feel the same way." Josh said sincerely. 

I sighed, wishing he did not say this, especially not on tour. I wanted to break up with him, just not on tour, and definitely not when we were in a completely different continent than home. I didn't know how to answer him honestly without him flipping out at me. 

"Josh, I can't forget the past, but maybe we can try to move on." I said, anxiety in my voice. My heart raced in my chest, panicking at what his response would be. 

"Wow Hayley, I tell you that I want to start over, and that I'm sorry for everything I've done, and you say that. Real nice." Josh said, anger and rage filling his voice.

I couldn't help but shake from nervousness. I couldn't breathe, afraid of what he would do next. He never laid a hand on me before, but there was always a chance that he could, and that frightened me.