Chapter 21: I never wanted to say this

Five Years Ago

*Hayley's POV*

"Hayley, you have to tell him!" Hannah exclaimed.

I shook my head.

"Hayley, he needs to know. He has the right to know you're pregnant with his kid!"

"Hannah, I-I-I don't know how to tell him. I can't just go out and say 'Taylor I'm pregnant'. It's way to ughhhhh." I whined out of frustration. 

"Well how the hell else are you gonna tell him? You have to tell him some way. And if you're gonna rip the bandage off, might as well rip it off quick. Just tell him!" Hannah continued to push me into telling Taylor.

I sighed. "I guess you're right. Ugh, we aren't even talking, how the fuck am I gonna get the strength to tell him?" I said, admitting defeat as I flopped down onto my bed. 

"You can do it. I know you can. Just call him and ask to meet up!" Hannah said, coming back to her perky self. 

I sat up on my bed. "Wait, I have to do this in person? Can't I just tell him over the phone?" I begged. 

"No! Of course not! You have to talk face to face with him. This is life changing news. You cannot tell someone this over the phone!" She said, starting to raise her voice again.

"Okay... Can you get me the phone over there?" I asked, pointing to the phone on my dresser. 

Hannah took two long strides to pick it up, and tossed to me. I caught it with shaking hands, then started to press the buttons to call Taylor's house. 

"Hullo?" A male voice said into the phone after the first ring. 

"Hi, this is Hayley. Is Taylor there?" I asked, gaining the strength I needed to talk to Taylor with.

"Uh, yea. Sure. Hold on a sec." The man said as he put the phone down.

"Hello? Hayley?" Taylor said into the phone a minute later.

"Taylor," I breathed, "we need to talk. Can we meet up at the park in a few?"

"Sure. I can be there in twenty!" He said, happier than I would have expected him to be. 

"Sounds good! See ya then." I replied before I hung up the phone.

"Sooo??" Hannah asked as soon as I disconnected.

"We're meeting at the park in twenty" I sighed, my strength vanishing.

*Taylor's POV*

"Where are you off to?" My mom asked as I opened the front door.

I turned around to face her. "Going to the park. Meeting up with Hayley."

"Alright, just be back in time for dinner please. Dad's cooking his famous spaghetti." She said shaking her head.

We all knew that Dad's famous spaghetti was only famous because of how many times we've had to order pizza instead of eating it. Dad was a horrible cook, and his spaghetti was his worst dish, he would burn the house down if it wasn't for my mother.  

"Will do!" I called as I ran out of the house. 

~

"Hayley!" I called, as I saw her make her way towards the middle of the park. I ran after her, giving her a huge hug and lifting her off the ground.

"Taylor...we need to talk." She said seriously, like it pained her to say.

Shit. "What's going on?" I asked as I herded us towards a bench.

"Taylor, something important happened while we were together."

"Which was...?" I said, trying to make her spill the beans, as we sat down.

She sighed. "Just gotta rip the bandage off quickly" Hayley mumbled.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Taylor," She said, taking in  a huge breath, "I'm pregnant." 

I was shocked. Utterly shocked. I couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't think.