Chapter 24: And when it rains, on this side of town it touches, everything

*Hayley's POV*

While Jeremy was pulling away from my apartment building, Taylor's phone rang with a ringtone of That's What You Get.

"Oooh who's calling Taylor? Someone famous?" Jeremy asked.

"I have no clue... It's a number I've never seen before." Taylor replied before answering the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

Whoever on the other end replied. 

"Speaking." He said, his voice questioning who was talking to him. 

Taylor's jaw dropped, and then he gasped. Something the person told him shocked him. His eyes bulged out of their sockets.

 "Are they ok? Was Amy there?" Taylor rushed to ask questions. Amy? Our Amy? Did something happen to our baby?

Tears started to run down Taylor's face. "Oh my god, that's horrible! Thank you for letting me know."

I turned to look at him.  "What's going on? What happened?" I whispered.

"Ok, thanks." Taylor said to the woman on the phone before he  hung up.

"Taylor what happened?" I asked again while tears continued to stream down Taylor's face.

"Hayley, I'm so sorry" Was the only thing he said to me. 

"Taylor, honey, you did nothing wrong. What happened?" I asked, pulling him close to me. 

Taylor started sobbing, his whole body convulsing.

"A-A-Amy a-and J-Jen a-and Ma-Matt we-were hit b-by a dr-drunk dri-driver." Taylor said, between his cries. 

"They were hit by a drunk driver? Are they ok?" I asked, getting worried.

Taylor shook my head. "N-no." He stuttered, loosing it entirely. 

No. This couldn't be happening. Amy was gone. She was gone, and I wasn't there. My baby was gone.