Chapter 7: Stay with me, this is what I need, please?

*Taylor's POV*

It was the day after Hayley called me, and It really shook me up how messed up she was. There had to be something I could do instead of talking to her on the phone that one measly time. 

I needed to give her that hug. It needed to come from me, I was sure of that. But I doubt that she would ask me herself to hang out with her. I had to surprise her, give her something positive after all the sadness that happened recently. Unfortunately,  I had no idea how to surprise her, nor could I get to her in the next few days, as we were on separate continents. 

"Paramore canceled their last show of their European Tour." I heard a man say in a bland tone, with no emotion whatsoever. I put my guitar down, stopping my song writing, and turned towards the tv my brother, Justin, was watching, becoming engrossed in what the man was saying. "Sources say there was a fight between singer Hayley Williams and guitarist Josh Farro, which caused problems only hours before the band was supposed to perform. What does this mean for one of the world's most popular bands? Could this be the end of Paramore?" I was shocked. I thought for sure Josh would have come back to play the show.

"Woah, this doesn't sound good." Justin said, his mouth full of food.

"You're telling me." I mumbled, then headed upstairs to my room to get my phone. Perfect opportunity to text Hayley to find out when she'd be getting home. Hopefully she would see my text when she got off the plane.  

Let me know when you get off the plane

Hopefully she would check her phone when she got off the plane, and not after she got to her apartment. I checked the time on my alarm clock that sat above my bed and realized that it was almost 10:30pm. Time had flown past while I had continued to writemusic after I talked to Hayley. I had a lead guitar part, a rhythm guitar part, and a drum beat, and I was planning to write the bass part tonight. Looks like I had to put that on hold until tomorrow. 

I got ready to sleep, changed into a tee shirt and basketball shorts, then brushed my teeth. I climbed into my bed, anxious for the day to come. 

~The Next Day~

I awoke to sunlight pouring into my room. I yawned and stretched, sleep still flooding through my bones. I made my bed, as my mom demanded I do every day, then headed downstairs for a bowl of captain crunch, my favorite cereal. 

As I was pouring milk into my bowl, Justin entered the kitchen in high spirits. 

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, heading to the table.

"I've got a lunch date today." He sang. I just shook my head.

"So...find anything out about what's going on with Paramore?" Justin asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

"Nah, hopefully I'll find out soon. I doubt this is the end to the band though." I said, my mouth full of cereal.

"Didn't you talk to Hayley yesterday?" He asked, sitting in the seat across from me. 

"Yeah, before the concert. She did have a fight with Josh, and they broke up" Justin looked up, raising his eyebrows. I shook my head, blushing, and continued. "It's a long story, he stormed out, but I didn't think he wasn't gonna come back. No matter what happens, I highly doubt this is the end of Paramore." I said firmly, ending the conversation.

Justin didn't add any commentary after my statement, and I was glad. I finished my breakfast, got up, and put it in the sink. I headed into the den, and flopped on the couch to enjoy some Saturday morning cartoons. Justin walked in when the first show was over and sat down in the recliner next to the couch without a word.