Chapter 3: I'm sitting all alone, feeling empty

*Josh's POV*

"Josh, you need to take some deep breaths. You wanted this relationship to end as much as she did. You told me a million times. Just because you weren't the one to break up with her doesn't give you any right to be mean to her." Zac said trying to calm me down.

I gave him kudos for dealing with me. I was an ass to Hayley, and he had no right to stay with me. Instead, he should be with Hayley and Jerm, trying to keep her together. She might have smacked me, but I was the one that was wrong. I had no right to kick Jeremy out of the band, she was right. He was her best friend, sometimes more like her brother. If someone tried to kick Zac out, I would act the same way.

I sighed. "I gotta fix this." I said, standing up. I jogged the few yards back to the bus. Slightly out of breath, I saw Hayley was about to climb into her bunk.

"Hayley" I gasped. 

She turned towards me, a look of sadness and dejection on her small face.

"I had no right to kick Jeremy out of the band. Or at least no right to even think about wanting to kick him out. Even though he might not work as hard as you and I do, he's your best friend and he's a damn good bass player. I also had no right to be so cruel to you. I love you, and I shouldn't hurt the people I love."I blurted out. She tried to interject, but I needed to get everything off my chest. "Just listen. I'm so so sooo sorry about everything that I have ever said to you. I know that you can't forget it, but if we could just move past this together, I promise, Hayley, I swear to you, I won't hurt you ever again." I finished, out of breath, my heart pounding in my chest. I stared at her, catching my breath, waiting for her to respond. She looked up at me, the green in her eyes glimmering. 

"Josh, it's gonna be hard, but I'm willing to work on it if you are. I can't forget it,  but I can move on. If you do anything to ever hurt any one of us ever again, that's it." She whispered, a small smile on her face. 

I walked over to her and gave her a huge hug, resting my chin on her head. She sighed into me.

"What are we gonna do about a guitarist though?" She asked into my chest.

"I think I can help with that." Zac spoke up from behind me. 

Hayley pulled away from me. "Oh really?" She asked, excitement lighting up on her face.

I turned around to see Zac getting off his cell phone.

"That was Taylor." Zac said smiling. My jaw dropped.

"THE Taylor, as in Taylor York?" Hayley freaked out. I never even thought to ask him if he would like to be in the band since his mom refused to let him when we were younger. 

Zac nodded. "Yeah, he called me when you ran back to the bus. I had told him that Hunter was thinking about leaving before, but now that it's official.... he wants in." He said, a smile growing on his face. 

Hayley ran over to him and gave him a hug. He lifted her up, and spun her around, excitement filling the air. I couldn't believe it, Taylor would solve all of our problems. He was an amazing guitarist, and he even helped to write a couple of songs for Paramore. 

Jeremy walked out of the bathroom, scratching his head. "What did I miss? Why is everyone so cheerful?" He asked, confusion covering his face.

Hayley ran towards him with a giant grin on her face. "Taylorrrrrr!!!!" She said, jumping up and down in front of him. 

HIs jaw dropped, "Theeee Taylor, as in Taylor York?" He asked concerningly. 

*Jeremy's POV*

Taylor, Taylor York was joining Paramore. There was a reason he wasn't in the band. It wasn't that he had school. Well that was part of it, but there were other reasons too that were never talked about in the band anymore. Especially since Hayley was dating Josh. 

"No, Taylor Fork." Hayley said seriously.

"Oh, my bad." I said, continuing the joke. "When is Mr. Fork coming?" I asked, looking overtop Hayley to Zac. 

"He'll be at practice next week in Franklin." He said, looking down at his phone.

"Can't wait!" Hayley said, still as excited as could be contained in her small body.

*Taylor's POV*

That night:

I couldn't fall asleep. It was almost two in the morning, and all I could think of was how I was gonna see Hayley next week. I would see a lot more of her from now on, now that I was joining the band. Josh and Hayley were on the rocks according to Zac, which gave me hope that I could sweep her off her feet. I had a crush on the most beautiful girl I knew for what seemed like forever. The entire time I knew her, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Every time that she was on tour, my heart ached for her. My mind kept coming up with different ways our next seeing of each other would come. Most of them had her telling me that she loved me, us sharing a passionate kiss, or me expressing my love for her while she didn't feel the same way. 

Next week couldn't come soon enough.