Chapter 16: No you can't run away, no you can't run away

*Taylor's POV*

Even more weeks passed since I last talked to Hayley. Once, while visiting Zac, I saw her heading to her car. I stopped to stare at her while she walked by, soaking in her beauty. She looked up at me when she passed, but she abruptly looked away. 

"TAYLOR! Earth to Taylorrrr" Justin yelled, practically in my ear as he stood waving his hands in front of my face. 

I shook my head. "Sorry. What? What do you want?" I said, coming back to reality. 

"Mom told me to get you off your lazy ass. Let's go to the bar." Justin said, making his way out of the den. 

"Umm, I'm a minor still." I said, confused. Even though Justin was eight years older than me, he acted as clueless as a three year-old sometimes. 

"Oh, that's right... Well I'm going to the bar. I don't care what you do." He said as he walked out. 

I sat on the couch for a few more minutes, going over how much I missed not being able to talk to Hayley. I would give anything to make everything ok between us. 

I stood up, realizing the only way to make everything better would be for me to take matters into my own hand. She probably was waiting for me to apologize because I was the one who flipped out on her calling our child a mistake. Even though I'm not able to see Amy as often as I would liked to, I still love and care for her. Telling Amy's mother that she was a horrible parent because she called her own daughter a mistake was one of the dumbest things I'd ever done. 

I had to make things right with her. I loved her. 

I left the house jogging, forced to travel by foot since Justin took the car. It took me about ten minutes to get to Hayley's house, compared to the three it would've taken if I was able to drive. 

I took the elevator to her floor in order to catch my breath. I knocked on her door, trying to think about what I was going to say to her. She answered the door a minute later, peering out to see who was at the door. 

"Taylor?" She said my name like a question, not sure what to say. 

"Hey Hayles. I know you don't want to talk, but just listen to me. Please." I said, nervously.

"Come in" She said as she opened the door enough for me to pass through.

"I'm really sorry for the things I said to you. It was uncalled for to call you a horrible mother. It was an amazing thing to be able to give your daughter up for adoption. So many young mothers keep their kids out of selfishness, but you had the strength in you to know that giving up Amy was better for her." I said, gaining confidence. 

"Taylor, you were right though. We gave her up, but I haven't spent all the time around her like you have. She doesn't even know me." She said, tears starting to slide down her face. 

"Hayley, she knows you. Every time I go over there I tell her about you. She even looks just like you." I said, smiling. "Here look." I said, as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I looked through my gallery to see the newest pictures I had of Amy from when I saw her just last week.

"Oh my god. She's so big! When did you take these?" Hayley gasped, smiling.

"I went to see her last week. I showed her some pictures of you, and she recognized you right away." I said, looking into Hayley's eyes.

Hayley cried out of joy. I pulled her into a hug, proud that I could make her happy. 

"Thank you Taylor. You don't understand how much this means to me." She sniffled.

"Well she's your daughter too. I understand you have a lot going on in your life, so I want her to know you are." I said, before she pressed her lips against mine.

The kiss was amazing. It felt like the first time we had kissed. It made me excited.....perhaps a little too excited.

She paused in the kiss for a second, realizing that I was enjoying the kiss a lot. She kissed with even more intensity after she noticed. 

I slid my hands underneath her shirt, slowly pulling it up. She knew what I was doing and put her arms above her head. I quickly took it off, breaking the kiss. 

"You sure?" She breathed. I nodded, putting my lips back to hers. She backed up, pulling me with her until we made our way to her bedroom.