Support System

AU: Toby never came back to Rosewood when Alison was announced dead. Spencer and Toby met after seven years in a support group. There will be some upsetting topics at some points of the work. Toby and Spencer develop a relationship after meeting in the group. The next one will be more happy than sad, but my Spoby feels are kinda sad sooooo.

Spencer hated going to her support group. Most of the time, she had nothing. She hated telling her story with being stalked and cyber harassed. When the leading lady asked for her to share, she refused to speak. If she did, she would be opening up about her drug, alcohol, and many other addictions. The only reason she was going to the support group was for her parents. After getting kidnapped, her parents kept an extra eye on her. After four years passing since the psycho was caught, and Spencer was still waking up screaming, her parents put her in a support group. Most of the people there were bullied, abused, or raped. Spencer was all of them. She didn't want anyone knowing her past or her scars. It just caused judgment to sink in their minds.

Like every Wednesday, Spencer got to the church. She sat in the same chair, and she got there at the same time. She always left at the same time as well. Spencer had walked into the church to see someone else was in her seat. She walked up to them.

"Hey, I don't wanna be rude, but that's my normal seat. Can you sit in the one next to it?" Spencer asked, her voice turning raspy and hoarse. "I don't like sitting anywhere else."

The person turned their head, and Spencer's heart leaped. Sitting in her seat was Toby Cavanaugh. Spencer hadn't seen him since she was fifteen, and her dead friend set his garage on fire. Toby had been sent to a reform school, and once he got out he stayed in Maine.

"Spencer Hastings, why would a girl like you be in a support group like this?" he asked. Toby was older, no longer the awkward sixteen year old, but Spencer could tell he hated her for the thing that happened seven years before. "I mean before I left your life was perfect."

"I'm pretty sure that isn't any of your business," she snapped. "Now, please, get out of my seat."

Toby rolled his eyes, moving on a seat. "Happy?" he asked, sarcastically.

"Very," Spencer said, annoyed. She would not be excited for that session.

"Spencer, why don't you share anything on the topic?" the leader said. The leader had brought up the topic about how the internet was. She knew Spencer's past, and she wanted Spencer to open up at one point.

"I hate it. I don't use it unless it's for work," Spencer said, quietly. She had her arms in her lap. Her right hand held her left thumb, her comfort tick.

"Why?" Toby found himself asking. He didn't know why he even spoke. He just found himself saying the word, and he knew he shouldn't have.

"Because," she said, pulling her knees in her chair. She held them.

"Spencer, do you want to talk about it? No one will judge you hear?" the leader said, comforting.

Spencer shook her head, unable to speak. She hid her face in her knees, feeling herself start to cry. She couldn't. She wouldn't.

"Okay," the leader sighed. "Well, Mr. Cavanaugh, since you are new here, why don't you tell why you are here. If you are comfortable with that."

Toby nodded, slowly. He hadn't seen his step-sister for four years. His step-sister, Jenna Marshall, was killed four years prior. Toby never got to details about her death, but he despised the girl. "My step-sister ruined my life and so did some girls when I was sixteen," he said. The last part was said bitterly towards Spencer.