Fundraising and Dates

Hi I'm back! I finally can use a computer again, and I'm trying to play catch up with school and writing. But here's an update! (Oh and there's some smut in this chapter, but nothing really into much detail. If sex makes you uncomfortable, then read the first half of the chapter and forget the rest) 

Sipping her drink, Spencer eyed the men in the room. Her friends signed her up for bachelorette auction. If the fundraiser hadn't been for a good cause, Spencer would have withdrawn her name instantly. However, the funds were going towards the Children's Tumor Foundation.

Spencer's name was getting closer and closer, and her nerves rose. Spencer had confidence. She could public speak, and she had no issue being on stage. However, the thought that someone would be judging her based off her interests, fun facts, and profile picture, terrified her. Her biggest fear was that no one would auction for her.

She had relationships before, but they all ended in failures. Spencer dated a man named Alex, but he got a big name in tennis. A small town girl wasn't good enough for him. Then there was Wren, an attractive, British doctor. Her sister dated him when Spencer first met him. Wren became interested in Spencer, and they dated for two months. Then Wren had to move back to England, and they never spoke to each other again. Wren married Spencer's sister again, and Spencer never went to the wedding. She dated another man, a month during her high school life. His name was Johnny, and he brought the rebellious side of Spencer. They would have lasted longer if Johnny hadn't gotten arrested for theft, sending him to prison for four years. During her adulthood, she dated her friend's husband, they were broken apart at the time. They kept it in secret, but her friend won the boy over. Spencer's heart was broken by the fact, yet again, someone, or something, came more valuable.

Spencer wasn't good at relationships. She put all she had in them, but she never got what she deserved. Her friends wanted her to find that love. Spencer was nearly thirty years of age, and she hadn't found a reason to tie the knot. She was more worried about her career, as must as she despised herself for the feeling.

Spencer's thoughts were broken as she heard her name. Spencer walked down the staircase, waving at the men in the audience. Her gown, navy and well fitted, flowed down the stairs as she walked. Spencer waved, shyly, not used to multiple men staring at her.

"This is Miss Spencer Hastings. Spencer works in Washington D.C. as a lawyer, and she loves reading classical fiction," Spencer chewed her cheek at the description. She sounded boring comparing to the other girls. "Spencer grew up in Rosewood, Pennsylvania, and she went to Georgetown University. Spencer's favorite color is purple, and she loves watching black and white movies."

Spencer saw her friends in the seats below, and they motioned her to smile. Spencer flashed one of her best grins and waved towards the audience. Spencer refused to meet eyes with Caleb, her friend's husband. Caleb and Spencer dated. She knew she shouldn't have dated her best friend's ex, but she fell for him, hard. She loved him so much, but in the end, he choose Hann, her friend. Spencer refused to go to the ending, since they married only six months after Spencer and Caleb broke up.

"Do we have a starting bid?'

Silence. Spencer's anxiety grew as her fears were coming true. Spencer wanted to crawl off stage and cry. However, she kept the grin on her face, refusing to let the cracks break.

"Let's start at 500, any takers?"

A paddle was raised, and Spencer let a sigh of relieve slip her lips.

"505?"

Another bidder. The bidding went on for some time, only ten minutes at the most.

"955, going once, going twice, sold!"