Cake Battles

Dedicated to spobytobes

"Come on," Spencer giggled, taking Toby's hands. "Max is coming over for her birthday, and we have to make her a cake. Please help me with it," Spencer grinned, pecking his lips.

Spencer and Toby moved into their own apartment two months after her birthday. Toby transferred to D.C., and Spencer was sleeping more and more since Toby lived with her. Spencer lived five minutes from the university, with traffic fifteen minutes. Max, her former roommate, visited as much as possible. Spencer and her became close friends when Toby couldn't stay every night when Spencer had night terrors. SPencer was thankful for Max. She needed a friend who wasn't connected to Rosewood.

Living with Toby was amazing. Spencer used to fear living with someone, but everything felt normal for Spencer. Toby and Spencer never interfered with each other's schedules. After living with each other for three months, the couple had multiple fights. Even when they were teenagers, they fought like they had a war with each other. Most fights were resolved that day, but some carried on until the next morning. Make up sex was expected when a big fight happened.

Spencer and Toby had sex very often. However, there were times where Toby slept on the couch because Jenna would slide her way into his mind. However, Toby would find himself waking up in the middle of the night to see Spencer sleeping in a chair next to the couch. Her hand always was next to his hand. Toby would carry her to their bedroom, sleeping in the bed instead of the couch. The nights he stayed on the couch, Spencer would stay by his side, making sure he was okay.

They never talked about Jenna. They never talked about how she raped Toby. When Toby did have freak out moments, Spencer talked him his through it just like he talked her through her Charlotte experiences. She made sure she never touched him in unwanted places, and she held him as he went into panic mode. Spencer hated seeing him react this way. He tried therapy, but he stopped going when it just made him think about it more.

Other than the panicked episodes they both had, living together was great. Spencer could start picturing a real life with him. The feeling scared her, but also made her feel excited.

"But you know I hate baking," Toby laughed, placing his hands on her hips. "I can cook, but I can't bake."

"Toby," Spencer whined, playfully. "Please help me, you are my only hope not lose my mind while baking."

"This isn't Star Wars, Spence," Toby chuckled. Spencer pouted, playfully. "You'll do fine on your own."

Spencer sat in silence for a moment, before Toby watched an idea form in her mind. He knew because the line on her forehead disappeared, and she got a look in her eye. Spencer stood on her toes, since Toby was six inches taller than her. She kissed his neck, slowly. "Please," Spencer whispered in his ear. Toby knew what she was doing, and he cursed himself for it. "I mean, if you do then you're get a present from me too."

In a usual circumstance, Toby would have given in by the moment. But, Toby wanted to continue to tease Spencer and see what she would do. "Mmmh, I think I'll still sit this one out."

Spencer kissed under his earlobe. She giggled, triggering a vibration. Toby swallowed, forcing a groan down his throat. "Toby," she whispered. "I mean, making a cake wouldn't be too horrible wouldn't it?'

Toby didn't trust his voice at this point. "Spence . . ."

"Yes?"

"You're evil."

Spencer giggled, pulling her lips away. She rested her nose on his neck, "Please. It'll be boring alone, and Max wouldn't let it go that you refused to help."

Toby ran his hand up and down Spencer's back. "Fine. But only because Max would kill me for making you do all the work,"

Spencer perked up, kissing his lips, lightly. Toby kissed her back. Then Spencer pulled away, going to the cupboard. "Come on! We're building a cake."

Toby laughed, getting the bowels out of the cupboards.

"Toby, can you read this for me. I can't see it," Spencer said, looking at her phone. "It's too small and my contacts have flour in them so I had to take them out."

"Where are your glasses?"

"In Max's dorm room."

Toby took the phone from her, squinting at the font. He knew he needed glasses, but he was far too stubborn to admit it. To him and Spencer. "It says three eggs and two teaspoons of vanilla."

Spencer nodded, "Can you grab the eggs for me? I left them in the fridge."

Toby nodded, walking over to the fridge. He grabbed the eggs, watching Spencer in the corner of his eye. She had flour in her hair and shirt. Her hair was tied back into a loose ponytail. There was water stains on her shirt, and cocoa powder on her nose. "How'd you make such a mess with the ingredients?" Toby asked, laughing. 

"It's called sacrifice."

Toby walked back over, bringing the eggs with him. He placed them on the counter. Spencer looked up at him. She looked younger. She wore an expression that showed her inner child, the child that was pushed away as she grew up as a Hastings. The child that grew up when she was being stalked and treated poorly by Alison. Toby looked at her, and she looked at him. Then there was a shift in her eyes, and she took a handful of flour. She released it into Toby's face.

"Spencer!" he said, taken by shock. He heard Spencer break into a fit of giggles. He cleared the flour out of his eyes, glaring playfully at Spencer. When he took a handful of flour, Spencer shrieked and tried to run away. Toby, quickly, grabbed her arm, pulling her close to him. He dropped the flour on Spencer's head.

"Toby!" she shrieked. Before the fight could get worse, Spencer took the already started bowels, placing them on the counter beside them. Then she took an egg and cracked it on Toby's forehead.

Spencer was able to get out of Toby's hold, and she ran to the other side of the counter. She looked ridiculous. Toby laughed at the flour that appeared on her head. Her dark hair made it obvious with the white powder. Toby grabbed the cocoa powder, and Spencer ducked behind the counter. He could hear her giggles, and he made his way towards her.

"Please, not the cocoa! It stains!" Spencer cried out, obviously teasing him. He had made a comment about hot cocoa spilling on his shirt once. Toby moved next to Spencer, and Spencer looked at him. "Are you going to spill the container on me," she grinned. Before he could do anything, Spencer yanked it from his hands. She put pitched her fingers, taking some out. She put it on Toby's nose.

He laughed, and he brought her close to him. She dropped the container after she spazzed from the unexpected movement. It landed on the ground, smearing on both their pants. "Oh, shit," Toby said. Spencer giggled. Toby looked at her, surprised she hasn't freaked due to the mess. Spencer then kissed him. Toby kissed her back.

"Mmmh, Toby, we should clean up this mess."

Toby laughed. "You started it."

"But you grabbed the cocoa."

"We should shower after we finish cleaning."

"And baking the cake."

"Should we save water and shower together," Toby asked, a smirk hidden on his face.

"Oh, Definitely," Spencer grinned, pecking his lips.

After the cake was in the oven, and the apartment was cleaned. Toby and Spencer wasted more water rather than saving.