The Fall of a Child

Spencer ran up to Toby's loft. She wore a smile on her face, as she was baring good news. Unlocking the door, she ran into the loft. "Toby!" she said, as she slowed down as she reached the kitchen. She noticed how Toby was sitting on the couch, and he looked frightened at Spencer's unannounced appearance. "I took the test!"

Spencer and Toby had planned to start having children. Yes, Spencer was still in high school, but after the dollhouse scare, they realized they only had so much time together. Spencer wanted to make everything count, even if it was slightly unorthodoxed.

Toby sat up, suddenly interested. He wanted this desperately. He wanted to settle his life with Spencer. He made a promise to not let his job get in their relationship anymore, and he planned to keep the promise. "What were the results?"

Spencer cupped his cheeks, kissing him, happily. "We're going to be parents," she giggled. She grinned at him, and he grinned back at her. Pulling her close to him, they fell on the couch. Spencer giggled at the action. "I'm going to be a mommy."

"I'm going to be a daddy," he mumbled, brushing his nose against her cheek. "We're going to be parents."

Spencer giggled, kissing his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," he smiled.

Spencer and the girls were getting closer to who A was. They were cracking down on who the crazy person was now that they had a name. When they got a message from the masked person to meet them, they jumped at the chance. Spencer hadn't given them the news she was pregnant yet, but Spencer had told Emily the reveal. Emily had supported Spencer and Toby's relationship since Spencer started tutoring him. Hanna had teased her saying she was the leader of their fanclub.

Spencer feared how Alison would react. Alison and Toby did not get along at all. They both had only resentment from four years prior. Spencer knew her parents were going to react badly. She knew there was a good chance she would be disowned for the bastardized child, but Spencer didn't care. Her father had a bastard child, so he had no right to judge her.

"Why do you think Charles wanted to meet?" Hanna spoke, breaking the train of thought. "I mean, they asked us to meet them, so why?"

"Maybe they want to try to end the game?" Spencer shrugged. "You never know with Charles."

Alison held her arms to her chest, walking with them. Alison was oddly quiet, given how much she claimed she knew about Charles.

"I think it's a trap," Aria said, bluntly. "I mean, why else would they want to meet us? It just doesn't make any sense."

Spencer had hopeful thinking. She wanted it to be all over because of her pregnancy. But she knew the chance of that was limited. The girls walked into the house where they were meeting Charles.

"Should we go upstairs?" Alison asked. "They wanted to meet us there."

Emily nodded, "But some of us should stay downstairs. Just in case something goes wrong."

"I'll stay down here," Hanna said, and Aria nodded in agreement.

"You and Spence go up there," Alison said. Spencer rolled her eyes at Alison's immediate idea. Emily nodded, obviously going to agree with anything she had to say. Spencer wanted Emily to move on from Aliso, but she knew that Emily wouldn't.

Emily and Spencer walked up the stairs. "Have you told your parents yet?" Emily asked. Spencer shook her head. "When are you going to tell them?"

"When I know how many weeks. It'll make it seem like I needed it for comfort from after the dollhouse," Spencer sighed. "I can only sleep when he's holding me. When he's working I just wake up screaming."