Some Sacrifices are Bigger Than Us

I have no idea where this plot came from, honestly. But heyyyyy. Also, if you have any requests, feel free to leave one.

Princess Spencer of Rosewood, Spencer, walked down the palace halls, humming to herself. Her parents called her to the main room to speak to her. Spencer didn't notice the door opening in front of her, but she did notice the hand pulling her inside the small closet. Her blood ran cold as she feared death, but she was greeted with a loving kiss. Her senses waking, she returned the kiss, giggling.

"Tobias Cavanaugh! You promised to stop doing that," she laughed.

Tobias, Toby, gave her a foolish grin, and he pecked her lips again. "But Spence, that takes the fun out of it."

Spencer giggled, playing with his hair. His hair was getting long, and she wrinkled her nose. "You need to cut your hair. How am I supposed to offer you as my husband if you won't cut your hair," she joked.

"Please, your parents' won't allow it as it is. I'm a manservant. You're a princess," he joked.

Spencer cupped his cheeks, looking him in the eyes. She knew, secretly, he was insecure about his position in the palace, and they both feared her parents' reactions. "Tobes, I love you no matter your social status. You know that. Plus, you are Jason's manservant. The biggest supporter of us."

Toby chuckled, resting his head on her forehead. "I love you so, so much."

"And I you, but I love you much more," she giggled. Toby, glaring playfully, shook his head. "Oh yes, I love you more."

"Nope, I do," he grinned. Spencer kissed him again. Toby kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Let's run away," she whispered against his lips. "I don't want to be a princess anyways."

"Your parents will send the dogs after us."

Spencer whined, causing a laugh from Toby. "But Toby, I want to be your wife. I want to bare your children. I want your name."

"Christ, why do you do this to me," he said, dramatically. Spencer laughed.

Spencer kissed him again, "Plus, you have my flower. No prince will want a 'tainted' wife," she said, air quoting "tainted".

"You aren't tainted," his tone turning serious.

"To the other, self-absorbed, greedy, and, frankly, rude suitors. But I gave my flower to you, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Toby smiled at the last sentence. He pressed his lips against hers. Spencer smiled, pulling from the kiss. "I really do have to go," she said. "Another suitor is in the main room," Spencer rolled her eyes.

"If he touches you, let me know. I can slip some bacteria in his drawer."

Spencer laughed, pecking his lips. "I'll let you know."

The couple met again in her chambers. She greeted him with a kiss, and he returned the greet with a smile. Spencer led him to her loveseat. Toby sat first, and then Spencer followed by sitting in between his legs. Her head rested on his chest, and he played with the loose strands of hair. He kissed her head occasionally. Lost in his thoughts, he wondered who her parents wanted her to marry.

"Who did they want you to marry this time?"

"Wren," she sighed.

"Wren as in, your sister's past lover?"

"And the father of her child? Yeah."

Toby sighed, kissing her shoulder. "I've been thinking."

"About?"