Author's Note

I have to start this off with a thank you.  A huge, heartfelt, affectionate thank you to the people who have been there every step of the way with me.  You know who you are--the readers who consistently voted, commented, and shared the love every time I posted a new chapter.  Thank you.  I cannot begin to express how grateful I am to those loyal four or five readers who genuinely made it worthwhile to write this story.

I have honestly never finished a story like this one before--95 chapters, plus an epilogue?  A year ago I would have laughed at the prospect.  I have started so many stories only to never finish them, abandoning ideas only halfway through.  But I finished this one, somehow.  And I have so much pride in it.  It represents something bigger than anything I've ever done--it was proof to myself that I can, in fact, follow through with something, and make it count.

But I wouldn't have finished it without the support from readers.  I considered ending it early a few times, frustrated by writer's block and unsure of how to tie certain loose ends together.  But I must say that reading your comments was the ultimate confidence boost.  Even if I didn't reply, be assured that I read each and every comment, and you guys never fail to bring a smile to my face.

So, thank you.  Through your kind words you have helped me push myself to my creative limit, and helped me prove to myself that writing is something I can do, that storytelling is something I can be successful at.  When I first started writing this story, I had absolutely no idea what I was in for, but I must say that this was one of the most redeeming experiences of my life.

I don't know what my plan for the future is.  I plan to keep writing, but I don't know if I'll post it on here, or whether I will try another fanfiction or not.  For now, at least, Allegiance will remain my solo work--until I know for sure that I have something else worth posting.

(A/N: so that last part was a lie)

This is getting long, and I am getting sad.  I hope you all know just how much you mean to me--whether you've read every chapter from the start, or whether you joined halfway and only read chapters here and there--you are the reason I continue to write.  Even if that means nothing to you, I thank you sincerely, because it means the world to me.

Much, much love.

x Lauren