Preface

Omniscient

FKA Twigs voice played throughout the room as candles burned. Moses McKinley rested his back against the grey silk sheets. He brushed a hand over his fade as he watched the ceiling and then looked over at the man who occupied the space next to him.

"Fam just relax, we a city over and I don't gotta sneak you out or hurry up and go. I'm on business" Moses muttered as he leaned over and looked at Aaron who's hazel eyes watched the flame on the candle nearly go out. Moses admired his dark brown skin and his short curly hair.

"It shouldn't be like this" Aaron responded as he sat up and rested his back against the headboard. Both men were nude and after a brief silence they both proceeded to laugh as Moses pulled Aaron back down to the bed.

"I'm not trying to hurt you. You know that, yeah? Don't be a bitch" Moses said reaching over Aaron to grab the lighter that sat on the nightstand. Aaron licked his lower lip as he watched Moses light the blunt he'd rolled earlier.

A small cloud of smoke left his mouth as he removed the blunt and tossed the lighter back where it was. Moses and his wife Camry had been married for a year and he'd fathered a daughter with her whom they'd named Sienna.

Infidelity was something that wasn't new in their marriage. Moses had always slept around with other women, protected of course and his wife had known about Aaron and the history they shared in the past. She just didn't know they'd recently started messing around again.

Moses seemed to tense up at the thought of even going home. He and Aaron had started going to different cities and getting hotel rooms to stay one step ahead.

"I don't think I can do this shit anymore" Aaron said swinging his legs over the edge of the bed as he sat up and rubbed his forehead.

"You know how it is, it's cheaper to keep her around. You think i'd be married to someone I didn't want to be married to if I had a choice? It's life" Moses explained growing irritated.

Moses blew smoke into Aaron's mouth before kissing his lovers lips pulling him back into bed. He grabbed the back of Aaron's neck and slid his tongue into his mouth kissing him with passion.

Aaron whom held back at first gripped Moses' shoulder as they became entangled within each other. A cellphone buzzing made the both of them reluctantly pull apart as they each picked up their cellphones to check.

This time however the person receiving the phone call was Aaron. Moses laid back on the bed and continued to smoke the blunt he held between his pointer finger and thumb.

"Hello?" Aaron questioned answering his roommates phone call. The person that occupied the other end of the phone was one of Aaron's best friends, Saint. One of the people he spent majority of his time with when he wasn't in school.

"Your brother called me looking for you. He said you hadn't been answering your phone. Where you at bruh?" Saint questioned as Aaron's gaze drifted over to Moses.

"On a vacation. I needed a break" Aaron said slowly, only to hear a chuckle erupt from the other side of the bed.

"A vacation huh? I need a vacation too and-" Saint began before the phone was violently ripped from his hands and a female voice could be heard telling him off in the background.