Chapter 6. Trust.

Amaru Jones

"Why are you so quiet?" Aaron questioned as I walked beside him in silence. Even though I wasn't looking at him, out of the corner of my eye I could still see the creases on his face as he smiled and looked at me.

"Why are you so far away" I questioned as I draped my arm over his shoulder pulling him into me as we walked through a small crowed of people.

The Royal blue baseball jersey he wore went well against his chocolate skin complexion, I looked him over before my eyes settled on his bruised nose and the way his eye lid was a bit swollen.

"The place is coming up" I responded feeling he had grown impatient and was ready to see where I was taking him for our date. When we turned the last corner Aaron's steps slowed down as he looked at the building in front of us.

"An art museum?" He questioned as I moved my arm from around him and nodded my head. He scrunched his face up in confusion and before he could even reject the idea I took a hold of his hand and started to pull him up the steps.

Aaron's face finally returned to normal once we got inside and he looked around in awe like I knew he would. I let go of his hand and patted my pockets reaching for the pill bottle inside when he looked at me and his excitement died down some.

"You don't need it right now. I'm with you, so you should feel better about yourself because i'm amazing" Aaron responded cockily as he went towards and exhibit. I watched him before I licked my lips and followed behind him.

"You weren't expecting a museum were you? I come here sometimes and look around for awhile, it's free and free shit is always better" I said joining him as he stared at some oil paining i'd probably seen a million times during my visits.

"I used to want to make comics when I was a teenager. I even have the first issue printed but I never continued my series" Aaron confessed and I grew surprised.

"I wanna see it. It's probably dope as fuck, what made you not continue it?" I asked as he took a hold of my hand and we moved further down.

"I don't know, I just lost the passion for it eventually. I guess I grew up and got into other shit" Aaron responded as I stopped in front of another painting.

I could feel his eyes on me and I tried to pretend like he wasn't watching me but it was hard. When I finally looked at him he quickly turned his head and squinted his eyes pretending like he was staring at a sculpture.

Carefully I moved closer to him trying to be discreet as I acknowledged our small height difference. We were about the same height, I might've been an inch or two taller though which didn't mean much considering I wasn't very tall to begin with.

"Why do you keep looking at me?" I questioned and he shrugged before he smiled again and shut his eyes like he was trying to hide his embarrassment.

"You ever look at somebody, not just a glance I mean really look at them. Sometimes it feels like you're staring at a completely different person than what you're use to seeing all of the time. You actually look at all their features and it's so weird. Like damn, you're really a beautiful ass nigga" Aaron said in amazement.

I felt my face grow warm and I awkwardly tucked my bottom lip between my teeth as I eyed him, expecting him to laugh like what he said was a joke.