Chapter 14. You Don't Know Me.

Amaru Jones

I brushed my hand over the top of my head feeling the mini fro that had grown out over the past 2 weeks. Deep down I knew I should've been went to get it cut but I hadn't wanted to run into Aaron's brother. When I was done with someone I was really done with them and that included their family as well.

The downside of that was the fact that nobody cut my hair as good as Malik did. The man was talented and even though his brother was a lil bitch I had to go and see him so I could go back to looking all sexy as usual.

Biting down on my lower lip I pushed open the door and entered only to spot Aaron sweeping the floor of his brothers shop. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked him over noticing he had a fresh line up and carried an envelope under his armpit as he swept.

"Why you look like you about to fight somebody" Malik questioned as he sat in his chair eating his lunch. I folded my arms as I walked over accidentally bumping into Aaron who stood up straight and stared at me in annoyance.

"You mind getting me back right? I have a date tonight" I said glancing over my shoulder at Aaron who'd went back to sweeping. He didn't budge or even look up as he dumped the pan containing hair into the garbage.

"You got somebody ahead of you, but I got you" Malik said with a slight pause. I nodded and turned to walk away only to run straight into Aaron as he was turning around making him drop the broom he was holding.

"My bad, I actually didn't even mean to do that" I apologized and he leaned down and picked up the broom taking a few steps away giving me all the room in the world to walk passed without bumping into him.

I started to walk away before I paused and looked at him feeling some of my anger come back as I looked at his hoe ass.

"Fuck you, I'm still mad. If I didn't need a haircut I'd fight you right now just because!" I snapped and he folded his arms behind his back like he knew I wouldn't punch his ass.

"If you aren't going to swing stop talking to me" he responded remaining calm. I glanced over at Malik who bit into a chip and watched us like he was entertained along with a few other barbers in the shop.

"I deserve better than you and I hope he plays your stupid ass because I'm not taking you back!" I said continuing to raise my voice and Aaron nodded his head unamused.

"Are you done?" He questioned and I shoved him into the wall causing him to drop the envelope he was carrying.

"Now I'm done" I responded looking away. He nodded again and leaned down snatching the envelope from the ground before he walked into the back room and shut the door behind himself.

"You're going to keep fucking with him and he's going to jump on you again. The relationship didn't work out, you're hurt and you think he played with your feelings so either end the friendship for real and leave him alone or work it out and go back to being homies" Malik commented as a barber looked up at me.

"Lil Ron beat you up?" The man questioned trying to hide his laughter and I smacked my teeth, it was an over exaggeration he didn't beat me up.

"Yeah he squared up with him and they fought a few years ago. Amaru called me in tears telling me to come and get Ron because he was scared" Malik commented as I shook my head.