Chapter 15. Do The Right Thing.

Moses McKinley

"Look, I know we have our issues but I really needed to talk to you. Some shit went down and I indirectly involved you, regardless of how we feel about each other you need to watch your back" Amaru explained. I leaned my head back and stared up at the ceiling already knowing what was about to come out of this stupid niggas mouth.

"You did what I specifically asked you not to do. All I said was to hold off on doing it for right now, you angered this man and now he's coming for me when all I'm trying to do is lay low. You can't possibly need money that bad, there's no way you didn't have shit stashed away!" I snapped banging my fist on the table as I stared at Amaru.

His demeanor changed and he shifted as he looked out the diner window. He sat in front of me with this pitiful look on his face and I wanted to punch his ass.

"I wasn't thinking like that when I was doing drugs. All my money went to my bills, my drug habit and my parents to make sure they were good and had the means to take care of my lil sister" He admitted and I chuckled.

"Nigga I don't give a fuck about any of that!" I snapped again causing a few people to look over at us. I calmed down some and licked my lips as I leaned forward trying to think, I hadn't meant to step beside myself just then.

Amaru went to get up to leave and I reached out and grabbed his arm gesturing for him to sit back down. He clenched his jaw but reluctantly retook his seat as he brushed a hand over the top of his head.

"This shit wouldn't of happened if your boy wasn't acting like a scorned ex. What'd you do, fuck him and then stop returning his calls?" Amaru questioned as he looked me over almost like he was judging me or some shit.

"I'm a kill Deejay and then I'm a kill you too" I said in a bored tone as I propped my face up with my fist while my gaze roamed down to the plate of fries in front of me I hadn't touched.

"I didn't have to tell you about this shit at all. I could've left your ass out to dry since you wanna be ungrateful" Amaru responded as he rested back in his seat and let out a sigh.

"Shut the fuck up and suck my dick" I mumbled only for him to raise an eyebrow and I smacked my teeth. "I didn't mean literally. It's a phrase, you just happened to be into niggas" I said before he could say any slick shit.

Amaru remained silent as he occasionally looked at the cars passing by through the window. Part of me wanted to get up and leave but there was no point, I didn't want to go to the empty apartment that I'd bought. It'd be awhile before I even get to hold my daughter again so what was really the point?

I wanted to get somewhere close to Aaron but I was probably just putting him in danger. That night when those men showed up asking about me I went out the front and left. I hadn't talked to Aaron in a week and I knew he was about to be mad as hell at me.

"So" Amaru said as he turned his full attention to me. I frowned as I looked up at him wondering what the fuck he wanted.

"Whenever you wanna handle this shit, I'm down. I made things worse, I was dumb enough to walk into the trap. I thought deejay was genuine" Amaru said shaking his head.

"Well now you know he's not. The nigga is fucking weird, he got some type of obsession with me" I stated not planning on elaborating. I'd known Deejay since we were in elementary school and I was loyal to him, whatever I had, he had but that wasn't enough for him.