Chapter 7. Family Affair.

Aaron Turner

"Y'all are all fucking ugly and yes I'm bitter and salty!" Peyton snapped with an attitude as I rested my head on Amaru's chest and ate popcorn ignoring her. I glance over at Saint who was knocked out asleep on Erin's breasts while she scrolled through her phone unbothered by Peyton's bitterness as well.

"I don't feel bad for your single ass. Do you know how lonely I felt before I got with Saint and everyone else was always in a relationship? I was told to be patient, so now it's your turn to be patient" Erin responded in a dry tone and I nodded in agreement.

I looked up at Amaru who's gaze was focused on the TV in my living room as he watched the very first episode of Scandal on Netflix. I'd already binged watched everything and so I was waiting around for somebody to come up with a plan for tonight so we didn't have to stay in.

"You tired?" Amaru questioned and I shook my head as I leaned down kissing the back of his hand that was resting around my shoulder. He smiled showing off the braces in his mouth before he leaned down and kissed my lips.

"Stop it!" Peyton complained as she laid back on the other couch. I reached for more popcorn before I realized it was empty and slowly got up and grabbed the bowl of popcorn as Amaru adjusted how he was sitting.

I walked passed him and went into the kitchen where I sat the bowl in the sink and checked my texts.

My sister in law Ajani had asked if I wanted to come over to a small cookout she and my brother Kaine were having and I was still contemplating it. On one hand I wanted to have a home cooked meal and see my niece and nephews but on the other hand I knew Malik had told her and Kaine about our argument and I didn't feel like being lectured.

I opened my pantry and grabbed a bag of chips before shutting it. When I turned around I nearly jumped when I noticed Amaru come around the corner.

"Bae I want some actual food. I don't wanna snack on nothing" he groaned as he leaned on the counter and looked at me like he was waiting for me to do something.

"The fasted thing I can cook is spaghetti and we have frozen meatballs in the freezer I think" I said slowly as I sat the chips down and opened my freezer to see what was inside.

"Peyton is trying to go to the strip club, I'm not feeling that" Amaru said as he walked over and grabbed at my shirt flirtatiously as I smiled pulling out the meatballs and garlic bread.

"You just wanna stay in and eat?" I asked growing a bit shocked. He nodded as he grabbed a pot and filled it with water as I cut the stove on and pulled down the noodles from the overhead cabinet.

I stood back and watched him get everything we needed. He wore a shirt that belonged to me, he probably didn't know that I knew he'd stolen it about a week ago but it looked better on him so I decided not to say anything.

Amaru's jeans sagged a little and I smiled as I went up behind him gripped his ass. He laughed allowing me to lay kisses on his neck as he added salt to the water to keep the noodles from sticking to the bottom.

"I love you" I said in between kisses and he smiled and turned his head kissing my lips with a peck.

"I love you too" he responded as his gaze focused on the back of a box. "Bae can you stop feeling on my ass, I'm trying to cook or we're going to starve" Amaru said finally catching on.