Chapter 26. The Understanding

Moses McKinley

Aaron slowly walked towards me seeming hesitant as he shoved his hands into his pants. It was early on a Thursday morning and I hadn't seen him or spoke to him in three days, right away I could see the exhaustion all over his face.

"I don't know if you're mad at me or not. I don't know if I should come closer" Aaron said as he lingered a few feet away.

I moved from my spot and immediately pulled him into a tight embrace. His body sunk into mine and he held me just as tight as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm not mad, I'm happy I still have you. Fuck everything else" I responded turning my head a little so I could kiss his lips.

We stood in an embrace for a little while before I let go and guided him to my car. I wasn't going to bring up Malik or any of that because I knew he didn't need that right at that moment.

I had been getting things in order these last few days and had so much to show him. Part of me was unsure if he was ready for the changes that were coming, I had my daughter full time now and I hadn't even told him that yet.

"I cried until I made myself throw up. It was terrible and now I want to eat about ten hamburgers with lots of cheese and bacon and fries" Aaron said as he took a deep breath and rubbed the back of his neck.

"That can be arranged. Anything for you" I said trying to help him into my car but he gently pulled out of my grasp and climbed into the car himself.

When he saw some of our clothes in the backseat he looked towards me while he buckled himself into the car.

"We moved" I said bluntly and he frowned and glanced back at the clothes again while I smiled and hopped into the car.

"What do you mean we moved? I've been away for a few days dealing with my issues and you decided to just make a big change without consulting me? I liked our place, I was use to it!" Aaron snapped. I got completely still and side eyed him while he placed a hand on his forehead and shut his eyes.

"We needed to move, you said so yourself. Why not now? You don't have to worry about anybody besides Saint doing pop ups at our place or disturbing your peace. Sienna has her own room and Rowan-" I trailed off causing Aaron's eyes to widen.

"What about her?" He questioned and I shrugged not trying to upset him. He was being erratic and I usually didn't hold my tongue but I really didn't know what to say to him right now.

"She's living with us temporarily. She doesn't want to be under her father's roof with everything going on and I got Camry to sign over her rights to me" I explained.

"What else? Did you go off and get married too? It's been three days, three fucking days" Aaron said as he took a few deep breaths.

"The hardest three fucking days of my life. I'm okay by the way, thanks for asking" I said with a fake chuckle as I started my car up.

Aaron placed his hands into his lap and looked down. He trembled a bit as he nodded his head like I'd said something to him.

"I'm sorry, I haven't been a good boyfriend, or a person in general. I'll pull myself together" He promised.

"I'm going to be patient but I need you to take what happened seriously. I'm going to continue to work with you but you need to get help, you promise to go to therapy and then you go once every few months and fall right back where you were. It's hard seeing you like this, I have a kid now Ron and I don't want her to see you like this either" I confess.