Chapter 23. Baby Daddy.

Amaru Jones

"Mo is cool, quiet and scary but cool nonetheless" Aaron attempted to assure me. I'd been in the car with this nigga for like an hour and he hadn't uttered a word to me until now and he expected me to be calm and just go with the flow?

"Oh you're talking to me? We're cool and shit?" I questioned looking him over and he shrugged.

"You're the one who choked me out just for knowing the guy who might've had something to do with Alex's death. You know how I feel about being choked" he mumbled.

"You use to like it" I retorted and Aaron roughly elbowed me while I smirked to myself knowing I'd got under his skin.

"I do but only when my nigga does it.  How are you and Josh by the way?  I like him for you" Aaron complimented and I rolled my eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend, we just fuck and go on dates every now and then. You gave me trust issues, I don't know if he has a best friend/ ex that's gonna pop up one day and take him from me" I admit.

"And you gave me anxiety, my therapist has a whole stack of notes dedicated to you of me just venting" Aaron responded,

"I gave you anxiety? What the fuck did I do? I didn't cheat on you, you cheated on me" I complained.

"No, you just stashed drugs in my car and I had to watch you while you slept incase you stopped breathing. I thought we were suppose to be starting over anyway, so why does any of this matter?" He asked.

"Because it does and you're irritating me" I mumbled. Moriah continued driving in silence and I was unsure on if he was listening to our bickering or if he'd zoned out awhile ago.

He eventually pulled the car over and the three of us climbed out and headed into the empty sports bar. I looked around expecting something to sneak up on me but the only sound was coming from a TV hanging on the wall.

"My bad for starting in the car, I'm on edge and it's a bit understandable why I'd be considering what happened" I remind and Aaron stopped walking and I noticed his tongue was poking the inside of his cheek signaling he had lost all of his patience.

"Look, I'm sorry about Alex and I'm sorry you had to be the one to find him like that. But you can't take that out on everyone or use it as an excuse to feel bad for yourself, grieving and being sad is fine but not this" Aaron replied as he bumped passed me and caught up with Moriah who was already on the other side of the room.

I folded my arms behind my back and slowly followed them both into a back room going passed a few men who sat around and played poker.

The room Moriah brought us in was empty and there was a mini bar, a pool table and it reeked of cigars and weed. The flat screen on the wall displayed security of everything going around the club including where another group of men stood out in the alley and talked.

"You like this? I let my wife decorate" Moriah questioned Aaron who had his arms folded while he looked around the lounge area.

"It's nice. How is she and the kids?" Aaron questioned making small talk as Moriah typed in a code with his back to us and an large safe opened up allowing him to walk inside.