Chapter 21. Watch Your Back

Moses McKinley

After spending the night in jail, my husband came through and bailed me out. The gun I'd stashed in Zeke's room hadn't been discovered and I knew the thug angels from up above had been watching my back and holding it down.

As I walked down the steps Aaron stood there with a look of irritation on his face. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed all over his face while he stood completely still and allowed it.

"Thank you" I smiled before laying a kiss on his lips. He jerked his head back but stayed in my grasp as I looked him over.

"What happened last night? You told me not to worry about it and you'd be home, but you didn't come home and then when I got that call I thought-" he trailed off as I moved him towards his car.

"You thought what?" I questioned and Aaron looked down and shrugged. I took the keys from him and ushered him into the passenger seat after I'd decided to drive.

"I had class earlier so can we go back home? I need to shower and go back to sleep. Your brother also called and asked if you wanted to meet up, he has some stuff to tell you I guess" Aaron informed me.

I hadn't heard from Michael in almost a month, he wasn't returning my calls and if it wasn't for my sister not calling to tell me he was dead I would've assumed he was or had fallen off the face of the earth at the very least.

My family wasn't close, my mother was obviously the glue holding everyone together but once she died we'd all not put in any effort to see each other. I was the youngest and was use to always being on my own and spending more time with my friends than I did my own siblings so it wasn't hurtful to me or anything.

"So you decided to not drop out of school?" I questioned Aaron shifting the conversation back to him and he scratched the back of his neck.

"I'd be the first person in my family to graduate from college and not to mention school is expensive and I'm more than halfway done. Even if I don't use my degree at least I got it done and I have something to fall back on" Ron replied.

"True, even if you just wanna be a kept man I'd be cool with it. You can make your comics and we can travel with Sienna or do whatever you wanna do" I said and he gave a fake chuckle before he tilted his head.

"Yeah that's interesting, why haven't you signed your divorce papers yet?" Aaron questioned as he opened up the glove compartment and pulled everything out.

"You want the truth or you want me to lie?" I questioned humorously and Aaron folded his arms and leaned back into the seat.

"No nigga, I want you to lie" he said sarcastically. I smacked my teeth while he looked over the divorce papers.

"I'm trying to hide my money so she won't take everything. Not to mention the child support I'm about to be put on, the moment I can finally get free from her and that family I'll be happy. But it's a process" I explained honestly.

Aaron grew silent and stared down at the papers. It wasn't until his stomach growled that I got a smirk on my face.

"Let's stop and get breakfast, I feel like French toast, some eggs and bacon" I suggested and he shrugged.