Chapter 19. Always.

Moses McKinley

"I feel like I keep coming to your aid and yet I'm not getting anything out of it. The least you could do is eat my pussy or something!" Rowan complained with an attitude as I sat back on my couch with my daughter on my chest and rubbed her back as she slept.

"Chill out" I mumbled watching my daughter stir a bit in her sleep. I picked up her small wrist and looked at the gold bracelet on it that I didn't recognize.

"Camry's new nigga bought it for her. You should see him around your house acting like he's her daddy. I can't stand him" Rowan said as she folded one of her legs over the other.

"Deejay?" I questioned through clenched teeth and Rowan gave a simple nod as she looked down at her nails. I carefully moved my daughter down to the blanket that was laid out on the couch and she fidgeted a bit but remained asleep.

Rowan who was sitting next to me placed her hand on my shoulder and as tempted as I was to push it away, I allowed her to keep it there.

"You have really pretty eyes. Not the eye color it's just the way they're shaped and the way you really look at people" She commented while I stared straight ahead and blinked.

"Fam you just don't quit do you? It's not about to happen" I said shaking my head. Rowan scoffed like she was so appalled at what I was hinting at.

"I would never. I was just trying to give you some confidence" she explained. I shook my head and leaned over unclamping the bracelet from my daughters wrist before chucking that shit across the room.

I heard the front door open and close signaling Aaron had returned from school and Rowan got this weird ass smile on her face like she was gonna pounce on him as soon as she saw him.

Once Aaron came walking down the hallway he paused when he saw Rowan and then he glanced at me and then at Sienna. He didn't speak, just gave a simple nod as he turned and walked into the bedroom and shut the door to change out of his clothes I assumed.

"I take it you didn't tell him we were coming over or is he still hurt you got my sister pregnant?" Rowan questioned being nosey and I looked down at Sienna and stroked the side of her face softly.

"Nah, Ron isn't like that" I responded with a simple shrug. The door to the bedroom opened again and Aaron came out straightening his shirt out.

"I have to go to work, I won't be back until around five tonight" Aaron said as he looked up and made eye contact with me.

"No kiss and no proper goodbye? If I did you like this you'd be in your feelings. You act like you can't speak all of a sudden" I said as I stood up.

"You looked like you were in the middle of a conversation" Aaron admitted as he turned and walked away only for me to follow him while leaving Rowan to look after Sienna.

I roughly grabbed Aaron's arm turning him to look at me. He finally stopped and looked around the hallway like he was avoiding making eye contact.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Is it because I didn't tell you my daughter was coming over?" I questioned and he raised an eyebrow in confusion and shook his head.

"This has nothing to do with that, I'm happy for you" he admitted as he leaned down and grabbed his bag from the ground. "I have to get to work soon or Malik is going to come after me" Aaron said cutting the conversation short.