Chapter 17. Only You.

Moses McKinley

I jumped up and grabbed onto the bar above me before pulling myself up a few times while a few women in the hotel gym watched and whispered amongst themselves. Aaron looked upset like I hadn't just fucked him a few hours ago, I thought dick would put him in a better mood but it didn't.

"Baby what are you doing?" I questioned watching his gaze remain stuck to his phone like he was expecting something. "Ron!" I yelled and he finally looked up at me seeming confused while the women seemed caught off guard.

"What?" Aaron questioned as he looked back down at his phone. I dropped one of my arms down to my side and began to pull myself up with one hand before dropping down.

"You look like you're about to cry, what's wrong?" I questioned. He parted his mouth like he was going to speak but didn't say anything. He used the back of his hand to rub at his eyes but a tear drop slid down his cheek anyway.

"I don't think I can do this anymore" Aaron admitted as more tears dropped from his eyes. I looked around at people who'd begun to watch us like we were a show and I grabbed his arm and quickly pulled him out of the gym.

"You don't think you could do what? I already ate your ass Ron, you ain't going no fucking where, it doesn't get anymore closer than that" I stated as he pulled out of my grasp.

"This has nothing to do with this or that. The only family I've ever had was my brothers and my grandparents who are both dead now and only one of them liked me. Kaine has a family of his own and I'm really happy for him and Malik is there for me and I feel bad that I push him away but I want more than that" Aaron admitted.

I leaned against the wall still not understanding him, but I wasn't going to question it I'd just listen to him.

"I thought that maybe if I took a DNA test it'd show that my father really wasn't my father and then I could go and find the real guy and I could actually have one parent and he'd accept me and I'd be happy. But the results were disappointing because my dead beat father is really my father. The older I get the more I try to burry my childhood, I was six years old when I went to live with my grandparents and I remember everything. The more the memories I repressed come back the harder it gets to breathe" Aaron admitted as he got choked up.

"You can tell me anything, you know that. I want to be there, but you can't leave me out in the dark when you start feeling like this" I stated placing my hand on the back of my neck.

"I don't know what's real and what's not. How am I suppose to remember things when I was so young, maybe I saw something that happened to Malik and I'm imagining that maybe it happened to me" He responded attempting to brush it off.  I looked behind us as the door to the gym opened and a couple walked out and awkwardly avoided us.

I did feel bad for him, my father wasn't shit either and I was happy he was dead but I did have my mother for a long time until she died so I was always content with not having my parents as an adult, it hurt but I coped. Ever since we were kids though, Ron had been wanting his mom and dad and I saw first hand how that destroyed him emotionally because he wanted to see the good in people, always.

"Don't cry over them, you deserve better than that shit. You don't need them, I got you forever and you know that, right?" I questioned.

Aaron hesitated looking away from me like he ain't wanna responded. I moved my hand from the back of his neck and forced him to look at me.