Chapter 30. Consequences.

Aaron Turner

-

"They're gonna kill us Aaron, I didn't wanna die like this" Saint said. He was attempting to add some humor to his voice but I could sense by the way his voice was shaking that he was actually scared.

"We'll be alright" I said feeling him shift. We were tied up in chairs with our backs facing one another.

The ropes were too tight and I was trying to keep from moving so much because it was hard to breath.

"You've gotten us into some fucked up shit, but this is a whole entirely different level!" Saint snapped at me.

"Shut the entire fuck up. I'm trying to think and you keep talking my fucking ear off. You aren't going to die!" I shouted at him.

Saint got quiet and the door to the room we were in opened. I turned my head slightly and watched as a chubby man entered with a smirk on his face.

I tried to sit up straight as he walked over to us and I carefully turned my head following him with my eyes.

Without warning he slid on a pair of brass knuckles and punched Saint in the face. I heard something crack and Saint groaned but tried to hide his pain.

"You gotta hit us when we tied up, but you couldn't do it if one of us was free" I pointed out getting his attention.

"Fuck you mean? I'm not afraid of a gay nigga, you not even cut like that" the man taunted.

"Let me out of the ropes" I said as he stood in front of me. The man smirked to himself and walked out of the room.

"Ron, what are you doing?" Saint asked sounding like he was in a lot of pain.

"He was gonna keep hitting you and you didn't deserve that. It's my fault you're here and if anyone is gonna take an L today, I'll take it" I said staring straight ahead.

"We don't know what these people are gonna do to us. Isn't this the same guy that tried to have Moses raped and then he showed up at our apartment all beaten up and bloody? Moses can actually fight Ron" Saint said shaking his head.

I remained silent as the man returned with someone else and they both walked over to me.

The man pointed a gun at Saint as the ropes were loosened and I was able to get free. I was yanked out of my chair and Saint had ropes tied back around him.

"You wanna fight?" The man asked getting in my face and I forced a smile.

"We can" I replied as the gun was turned from Saint to me and I lifted my chin up some.

"Let's go. James wants to see this" He ordered as I was pushed out of the room.

I glanced over my shoulder at Saint who was watching me in horror as I turned the corner.

"You wouldn't have to die if Moses was man enough to come back and face what he did. He thought talking to the police was all good and James wouldn't find out. He's a grimy dude and you stupid for taking the fall for him" The man said in my ear as he walked behind me.