Chapter 5. Differences.

Aaron Turner

My finger tips brushed over Amaru's waves as he slept on my chest. He was in a really deep sleep and if it wasn't for the fact that I could feel his chest moving down or the occasional stir he'd have, I would've assumed he was dead. I watched him for awhile as his arm draped over my stomach and kept a serious face as he slept.

"When you don't sleepover and you don't call me in the morning, I think you're dead. I don't understand how you can mix drugs together and still be fine with going to sleep. Sometimes I think you'll take Xanax and then forget and drink alcohol and I won't be around to help you. I love you and I don't want anything to happen to you" I explain to his sleeping body.

I stopped messing with his waves and placed my hand on his back as he stirred some more and breathed in. His long eye lashes fluttered before he opened his eyes catching me off guard, he didn't move his body right away and remained still before he shut his eyes again.

"I'll be alright" Amaru mumbled into my chest. I sighed feeling him stir more before he moved from off of me and laid back on one of my pillows. He pulled the covers up higher over his lower naked half before he stroked the side of my face with the back of his hand.

"You heard everything I said?" I questioned and he nodded while he smiled and looked at the ceiling before he placed one of his arms behind his head. I shook my head in annoyance knowing he was only going to dwell on the last part of what I said and not take away the full extent of what I was saying.

"I been doing this for a long time, I know better than to mix shit together. Stop worrying so damn much, if I die then it won't be because of drugs. I'll probably get shot or something" Amaru said groggily as he shrugged it off.

"That doesn't make it any better. When do you think you'll stop being a stickup kid, is there an amount you're trying to reach like me?" I questioned and Amaru chuckled to himself.

"Everybody has to have a goal. If I didn't have a goal then what would be the point to all of this?  I'm still trying to figure out how much money I need exactly" Amaru said not taking his eyes off of the ceiling.

I reached over and touched his warm skin and as I moved my hand to the side of his face he kissed the back of my hand before his phone rung from the nightstand. I watched as he sat up on his elbows and lifted his phone up eying the number.

"Excuse me while I take this" He said pushing the covers off of himself and answering the phone as he climbed out of my bed. I sat up and slapped his ass as he made his way into the bathroom and shut the door.

I relaxed back in my bed and took my phone off the charger. Instinctively I checked my messages seeing I had a picture from Kadence of her showing me the new nipple rings she'd gotten. I smiled before saving the picture and responding back asking her what she was doing.

While I was in mid typing I head my front door open and shut close. I sat up in bed and tried to listen for Saint but something didn't really feel right. Glancing at the bathroom door where Amaru was I slowly climbed out of bed and pulled on a pair of shorts before grabbing Amaru's gun from my nightstand.

I carefully slid out the already cracked door and tried to listen for a noise but I didn't hear anything. I went to the railing and clicked the gun as I looked over it hearing the sound of shoes walking throughout my place.

My heart began to beat wildly as I walked down the step hearing more shuffling. I moved my finger to the trigger when I spotted a man wearing a hoodie. I paused as my brother glanced over his shoulder at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You shoot me and I'll shoot you" Malik responded sounding irritated as he showed me he was carrying groceries. I lowered the gun and put the safety on it before following him into the kitchen sensing he was mad about something.