Chapter 29. Fake Love

Amaru Jones

-

"Don't get out here and show out. I swear to god, if you embarrass me whatever this is, is over" Josh threatened as we sat in the back of an Uber.

"I don't like threats" I replied and Josh made a face as he looked away from me.

"It's not a threat, it's a promise" He retorted as the Uber driver adjusted his rear view mirror to look at us, he tried to play it off once he realized I'd saw him.

Josh didn't wanna be my boyfriend but he telling me not to embarrass him. How can I embarrass a single nigga?

I rolled down the window and looked out the window at the palm trees while we drove through downtown Miami.

My stomach growled and I regretted not getting food from the airport. The line was long as fuck and being in public places for long periods of time with people bumping into me, irritated me.

"Where is this Airbnb at? Are we even going the right way?" I questioned and Josh shushed me like I was a little fucking kid.

"We almost there. I don't know what you're in a rush for anyway, you know what's gonna happen" He said dropping his voice down.

He was right, I don't know what Moses was even thinking by coming out here but I was sick of his shit already.

When we finally did arrive at the Airbnb I took a deep ass breath hoping I came out of this shit untouched.

I still had a limp and my body wasn't still fucked up from that jump out the window. I damn near still grew winded if I moved around too fast, the fuck was I suppose to do out here?

Josh and I grabbed our bags before heading up to the house. The door was standing wide open but the screen door was shut so no bugs would come in.

I did a whistle before looking around wondering if this was even the right place.

"You sure this is the address?" I questioned Josh who pulled out his phone to make sure.

"This nigga don't even fucking know" I mumbled as Aaron rounded a corner in the house holding a burger in his hand.

I tapped Josh in the chest getting his attention and we both entered the house.

"What's up?" I greeted him. He bit into his burger and chewed for a little while before nodding.

"It's a four bedroom, you both are cool with sharing a room right?" Aaron asked glancing at Josh like he wasn't talking to me.

"Yeah, it's cool" Josh replied as he walked off to look around the nice beach house.

I folded one of my arms in front of the other and stared at Aaron and he stared back.

"It's sad how our friendship ended up" I said and he looked me over.

"I kept trying to make things right and you remained spiteful. There is no trust between either of us anymore, every time we say we're cool - you do something that fucks it up" He said in this tone that irritated me.