Chapter 9. Heart For Sale.

Aaron Turner

"Why aren't you talking to me? What did I do now?" I complained suppressing an eye roll. Kadence looked up from her book before she licked her fingers and roughly flipped the page while looking back down. She'd ignored me most of class and at this point I really didn't care if her feelings were hurt I just wanted to apologize so she'd be in my group for an assignment.

"You're the definition of a fuck boy. You're rude and inconsiderate, you could've at least told me you had a boyfriend, we had a thing going on Aaron. You gave me a hope that you'd at least consider taking the next step in our relationship" Kadence said not tearing her eyes away from the book.

"Sorry?" I responded almost as if I was unsure on what to say. Kadence finally slammed her book shut and looked at me sticking her finger in my face.

"I thought you were different but you aren't any different from the lames. You and Amaru are ugly by the way" Kadence muttered as she lowered her finger and turned to face the girl that sat on the other side of her.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it with a sigh as I leaned back in my chair. I realized Hassan occupied the seat next to me and did a double take when I noticed his blonde dreads had been cut and his hair was now black.

"Don't sweat it. I'm bisexual too and I always feel like I piss people off by doing nothing but following my heart" Hassan said as he stared straight ahead not acknowledging me fully.

"Yeah well we have to group up, do you wanna join me?" I questioned and he slowly looked over before he titled his head some.

"Really? I could've sworn I got the feeling you didn't like me very much, a lot of people don't like my upfront attitude" Hassan said and I shrugged.

"To be completely honest I haven't really paid much attention to you or anyone in here for that matter. Group or not?" I questioned again.

"Yeah sure. If you don't mind, can I ask you something?" Hassan questioned just as class was ending and I nodded. "How well do you know Moses?" He questioned as we gathered our stuff.

I paused and stared at him, for a moment I thought he was stalking me until I saw the seriousness in his face and how sincere he looked.

"I grew up with him, he's okay. Why?" I questioned as we walked out of class. Hassan folded his arms as his shoulder bumped into mine while we walked.

"He and I have a date tonight, we've been talking everyday since the day he was on campus to see you. I want to fuck but I want him to take me seriously" Hassan explained.

"Then don't fuck him yet. Let him take you out and play hard to get, he's a smart ass and will try to fuck you" I explained as my gaze shifted to the sky.

"Oh shit, he's your ex isn't he? This always fucking happens" Hassan mumbled sounding like he was beating himself up.

"He was but I'm not sweating it. You owe me nothing, you want him you should go for it. Maybe you'll change him and make him stop playing games" I smiled placing my hand on Hassan's shoulder and he smiled.

"Thank you, good looking out. Should we exchange numbers for the group assignment or what?" Hassan questioned with a bright smile. I watched him fetch his phone from his backpack and look up at me innocently.