Epilogue

Rod Wave's 'Pray 4 Love' played loudly as Aaron Turner moved around his bedroom hanging up posters and drawings he'd worked on over the years. It wasn't until there was a knock on his bedroom door that brought him out of a trance.

"Come in" Aaron said softly as he turned the music down and scratched the back of his head gently.

It'd been 6 months since his shooting and it was taking some time getting use to his new reality. He wasn't getting many stares in public because of his eye, but it was still a large insecurity for him that he was learning to live with and deal with.

Aaron's older brother Kaine entered into the room and looked around before he smirked and clapped his hands together.

"It's coming along nice Ron, i'm really proud of you" Kaine admitted and Aaron kept his gaze low as he sat down on the bed.

"It's all my fault and i'm sorry Kaine. I'm just sorry" Aaron said as he began to cry over everything that had happened. There was so much regret and so many things that he had wished he'd done differently.

He let hate and love cloud his judgment and now he was sitting and dealing with the decisions he had made and sometimes it was hard.

Kaine sat next to him on the bed and wrapped his arm around his neck protectively and comforted him silently.

"I'm not mad at you bruh, I love you and i'm proud of you. Living in California will be good for you, it's a lot different when I was living out here" Kaine admitted.

Aaron swallowed hard and nodded his head as he wiped the tears off his face and turned to face his brother.

Kaine looked Aaron hard in his face and at the scar on his brothers eye that was still healing and smiled to show him all was well.

"You lucky you handsome, things could be worse" Kaine said as his smile slowly dropped and he looked away. He was hurt on the inside that he couldn't protect his baby brother and wasn't able to save him fully, but things happened for a reason.

The brothers both looked towards the door when they heard talking and soon Malik appeared with his arms crossed.

"Yo the food is here, stop unpacking for a lil bit" Their older brother suggested. Aaron wasn't sure that Malik was gonna make it to the house warming after the big move because his girlfriend had just given birth to their son Vasili named after his special uncle.

Kaine got up first at the mention of food and jogged out of the room while Aaron took his time standing up.

Malik waited for him and Aaron went to grab the sunglasses that sat on his dresser but decided against it as he took a deep breath and followed his brother out.

"Kaine and I are only one plane ride away when we leave, you know. But you got Saint and Amaru here with you and they gon make sure you straight always" Malik reminded Aaron as they walked down the stairs of the 2 story home.

"I'm happy to be done with New York for right now. I just want you know who to stay away from me Malik. I don't want him to mess this up for me, I changed my number and everything" Aaron said sounding distressed.