Chapter 12. Homies.

Aaron Turner

Moses' chest rose up and down as he slept quietly. My chin lay rested on his chest and my gaze went back and forth from him to my phone that was turned off. I didn't know what I was suppose to say to Amaru or how I'd even explain what happened and I was more than anything terrified that maybe he'd turn to drugs to cope with me hurting him.

I hadn't had sex with Moses, we'd spent the entire night in bed talking about feelings, mistakes and him promising to do better. I don't think I'd ever had a conversation with anyone as deep as that and I truly felt like I'd been missing my best friend.

"Wake up and tell me you love me again" I laughed flicking Moses in the forehead. He turned his head keeping his eyes closed but stirred a bit in his sleep.

"I love you" he muttered. I slowly got up sitting with my feet hanging off the bed and my back to him.

"You frustrate the hell out of me. Been fucking up my life since I was ten years old and I'm still hooked on your hoe ass. Why?" I questioned out loud.

"Stop dragging me. You was loving my ass last night and now you wanna talk shit?" He questioned causing me to laugh

I leaned over and kissed his lips before sitting up and he smiled before he shifted in bed and groaned. I could probably watch him sleep all day and do absolutely nothing and just because I was with him that would be the best day ever.

I smiled weakly before turning my phone on and waited patiently for all of my notifications knowing I'd have to answer to my boyfriend soon.

After all of my texts came in I was surprised that Amaru hadn't gotten back to me from the night before. I pushed my guilt to the side and texted him hoping he was okay and had made it back to his place or somewhere safe the night before.

"Amaru has been really good to me. He deserves better than this" I said out loud as I glanced over my shoulder at Moses who was wiping the sleep out of his eyes. It took him awhile to register what was going on but when he did he placed an arm behind his head.

"I know I shouldn't have kissed you. I wanted to avoid this happening but I don't regret it, I love you and I made it clear I planned to get you back" Moses said as he slowly sat up.

"Who said you got me back? I'm going to tell Amaru what happened and hopefully we both can reach an agreement" I explained.

"And then what? You'll continue lying to yourself and forcing yourself to love him because you don't wanna be the bad guy, yeah? You can't force yourself to be with someone because you don't wanna hurt their feelings" Moses said from behind me.

I turned so that I could look at him and he had the look of desire in his eyes. He reached out and grabbed my arm pulling me closer to him.

"I do love Amaru. We had a good relationship and then you showed up and made me love you again. You didn't even have to do anything for me to love you. Amaru showed me off to his parents and what am I doing? Laying in bed with my ex who's still married with a baby" I said shaking my head.

Moses was silent after that and I looked over at him seeing he'd shut his eyes. I thought he'd dozed back off until he moved his hand up and rested it on his chest.