1.03 | Ignorance is Contagious

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by J*son Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Kass Morgan.
- - - -
~Not Edited~

- 03 -- Ignorance is Contagious -

- 03 -
- Ignorance is Contagious -

Coralie threw a few barks of wood onto the pile that her and Wells have been making for the past hour. Every time she lifts her eyes to see the ship, the words 'First Son First to Dye' are read. She's reminded of Murphy's crude behavior and frowns every single time.

"Be right back," she mentions, patting Wells back lightly before walking away in search of two things. Wood and Nathan Miller, who she hasn't seen once since they've been on the ground.

When she's out of sight, Murphy and John Mbege walked up. "Find any water yet?"

"No, not yet, but-" Wells begins to say but when he looks up he sees the two boys who had harassed him earlier. "Coralie and I are going back out if you wanna come."

Murphy narrows his eyes at the sound of his old friend's name coming out of Wells' mouth. Everybody but Coralie took notice of how Murphy followed her like a lost puppy for two years, but she was always too oblivious to realize his hopeless crush on her. Too bad she didn't really her nose out for boys. She was always focused on family, friends and herself - for that was all that mattered to her on the Ark.

Murphy sniffles and swiped under his nose with the back of his hand. "You know, my father - he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him."

Wells rolled his eyes and began to walk pass them, bumping his shoulder into Murphy's.

"You spelt 'die' wrong. Geniuses."

Murphy sneered and had to get the last word. "Stay away from Coralie, you fucker."

"What I do should be none of your concern." Wells walked away. Murphy prepared to pounce but stopped when he saw Bellamy approach him and John.

"If your gonna kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it," he says, blatantly unimpressed.

"You're not really a member of the guard, are you?" Murphy asked.

"No. The real guard will be here soon unless we stop it. You don't actually think their gonna forgive your crimes? Even if they do, then what? Guys like us, we're gonna become model citizens now, get jobs? If we're lucky maybe pick up their trash?"

Coralie had just gotten back, but she returned quietly, furrowing her eyebrows when Wells was nowhere in sight. Instead, three doofuses stood not too far away. She lightly placed the wood in her hands down, dusting her hands off as she eavesdropped on their conversation.