2.11 | The Sacrifice of Others

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by Jason Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Mister Rothenberg.
- - - -

Eleanor Tomlinson as Leah

- 11 -- The Sacrifice of Others -

- 11 -
- The Sacrifice of Others -

Her name was Leah, Coralie eventually learned. She had come with the other Grounders and was a skilled archer. The more time spent with the Grounder, the more they grew on one another, although that didn't stop them from throwing teases back and forth every now and then.

Leah constantly ridiculed and made fun of Sky People while Coralie kept doing the same about Tree People. The jibes didn't get in the way of Coralie's training, though.

None of the arrows Coralie's shot have hit bull's eye and she's only shot three arrows that had actually hit the scrap. But that didn't make her any less persistent with training.

"You need to fix where your finger ste- I mean is," Leah instructed. She kept slipping and speaking in Trigedasleng, not used to constantly speaking in English, but Coralie didn't mind. it was Leah's original tongue, she couldn't get mad at her for that. "It keeps falling kom {from} position." With all of the time Coralie's spent with her, she's even picked up a few of Trigedasleng terms.

Coralie fixes her finger and angles the bow horizontally and making sure the arrow rest faces upwards.

"Not too far up," Leah pushes the box down slightly. "Der osir go {There we go}. Now draw... do you have your aim in place?" Coralie hums in agreement. "Okay... faya {fire} when you're ready."

Coralie narrows her eyes and holds in her breath before releasing the arrow, watching the arrow shoot itself into the scrap.

"Again," Leah demands, handing Coralie another arrow.

Coralie gets in position once again, her feet shoulder-width apart. She repeats the process and shoots, once again hitting the scrap. She smiles at the progress, this being the first time she hit the target twice in a row.

"Again."

Coralie grabs another arrow from her and goes to redoes her stance when her name is called not too far away. Both her and Leah's head turns to Clarke, who was accompanied by a Grounder that Lexa had ordered to guard her.

Coralie shakes her head, knowing what she was being called for.

"He's gonna want to talk to you," Clarke mentions.

"Tell him I'm busy," Coralie looks down at the bow and arrow in her hands.

Clarke presses her lips together and nods before leaving with the Grounder on her tracks.