4.01 | The Aftermath

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by Jason Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Mister Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 01 -- The Aftermath -

- 01 -
- The Aftermath -

If Coralie knew anything, happiness never lasts for long when down on Earth.

"It's chaos out there," Coralie pointed out as she stared at the village from the balcony of the throne room. "Even more so now that they all have their emotions back."

Dozens of dead bodies littered the floor and blood spilled from them all. Coralie refrained from looking at the bashed heads and splattered brains that were no doubt caused from falling when climbing. With every turn there was a Grounder mourning and crying their lost ones.

A pile of dead Grounders was being made by others and Coralie could spot Bellamy and Clarke walking past one.

She turned her back to the balcony and walked back in doors as Kane dragged Pike's dead body, courtesy of Octavia, out of the room.

Coralie goes and takes Ontari's limp hands in her own, preparing herself to drag the corpse out just as Kane had.

"I've got it," Jaha moves in to take Ontari from Coralie, who drops the dead girl's hands and takes a step back.

She shuffled away from the man, him being at fault for everything in her mind. She sighs and walks out of the room that was full of injured Grounders and Skaikru. Bellamy had asked her to stay in the tower, and she had complied but she was always one to change her mind.

"Wait up," her brother calls, jogging to catch up with her and wincing in pain from the bruises that decorated his entire body.

"Abby told you to stay up here," she tells her brother.

"And Bellamy advised you to do the same," he quirks an eyebrow.

"I'm not one for instructions."

"I wonder where you get it from," Kane places a hand on her shoulder. She nips at her bottom lip and wraps an arm around his waist so he could lean his weight on her, helping him down the now unblocked flights and out of the building.

The siblings stop when they reach the ground, their eyes roaming over everything and everyone. Their eyes were so enraptured by the blood and agony that they didn't notice Abby marching up to them.

"I told you to stay upstairs with the rest of the wounded," she authorized.

"I'm not wounded," Kane replies. "Just injured."