1.12| High Tides

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by J*son Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 12 -- High Tides -

- 12 -
- High Tides -

It was all over - torturing the grounder, the hurricane, and the panic everybody had with Finn.

Coralie sat with her back against the drop ship. Her eyes were glazed with a dazed look in them as she seemed to be staring at the finished part of the wall that the teens managed to complete.

She didn't even hear the footsteps of Bellamy Blake as he approached the timid girl.

"Cora-" he begins but cuts himself off with a sigh. Coralie's head turns to him slowly and he frowns at the little furrow of worry she had in her scrunched up eyebrows. He walked closer to her as she stood up and turned to him, her lips pulled in. "Hey," he began, his hand reaching out to grasp her elbow. He almost let out a sigh of relief when she didn't pull away with a grimace. "You okay?"

She hummed in response as he took another step closer to her.

"Listen... I-I'm sorry you had to see that," he exhaled.

"It's okay," Coralie looked down at the floor. "You were just trying to save Finn. It was the only thing you could do at the moment."

Bellamy seemed surprised at her reply. He thought she would've lashed out at him with aggravation, but instead, he got the exact opposite.

"It's not like you did it just for fun," she mumbled.

"Yeah," Bellamy's voice drifted as he looked down at her with a perplexed face. She looked up and bit her bottom lip.

"Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be-"

"I don't know if you were aware but a lot just happened, Bell...amy. And I don't know about you but this is not what I expected when we were first sent down here. To be honest, I expected death, but we didn't die... yet."

"You're not going to die," Bellamy harshly let out. "You're not going to die, I'm not, Octavia isn't, Finn won't-"

"Wells did," Coralie murmured. "And so did Charlotte and Atom... Murphy might as well be dead-"

"Stop, Coralie. Don't talk like that," he wrapped his free arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "I'm not going to lie, a lot of lives were lost and maybe even some more will be. Only time will tell. But if we only pay attention to that, where will that get us?"

"Dead..."

Bellamy's hard face cracked as he softly smiled down at her. "Right. Dead," he repeated.

Coralie sighed and picked one of her hands up to run her fingers through her hair, pushing it out of her face. She opened her mouth to say something but her response was cut short when Clarke jogged up to them.