5.09 | Bloodreina

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by J*son Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Kass Morgan.
- - - -

- 09 -- Bloodreina -

- 09 -
- Bloodreina -

One of Coralie's current minuscule fears was that Aurora would disappear every time she turned her back on the child. It's happened already, and something told her it wouldn't be the last time. It was one of the reasons she didn't want to go to sleep. She didn't know whether she'd wake up beside the small girl or not.

But to her surprise, the first thing she heard as she blinked herself to consciousness was Aurora's small voice emitting from beside her.

The five-year-old was whispering to her stuffed bunny. Her whispering was terrible, nonetheless, she was still trying not to wake her mother up.

When Coralie's vision cleared, she sat up and stretched her limbs. How long was she asleep? The sun peeked through the tent and she knew it was morning. So why wasn't Bellamy with them?

"G'morning, Momma," Aurora's face brightened at the awakening of her mother. "I was getting bored."

"Hm," Coralie hums, pulling Aurora onto her lap and littering her cheeks with kisses. The small child smiled, basking in Coralie's affection. "You hungry?"

"Me and Tavia are," Aurora declares, sliding off her mother's lap and onto the floor. "I changed all by myself, too!"

Coralie couldn't help but smile as the child spun around twice, sporting a long-sleeve grey shirt tucked into dark green cargo pants. Even the boots on her feet were tied.

"I'm proud, 'Rora," she grinned, grabbing at her our boots by the side of the bed and pulling them on. "How long have you been awake?"

"Long," Aurora huffs. "Daddy came in twice, but he didn't let me go with him. Said he had things to take care of."

"Oh," Coralie's eyebrows scrunch. "Guess we'll have to find him, then."

The two set out of the tent, the brightness of the sun making Coralie squint. She grabbed hold of Aurora's hand before heading to their "spot", also known as the supply room the group found themselves in on a reoccurrence.

She grew confused when nobody occupied the room and even more confused over the fact that she hadn't run into anyone, yet. Aurora sighed as she mindlessly walked alongside her mother who was now headed towards the farm, not having a choice being that her hand was trapped within Coralie's steel grasp.

A sound of relief left Coralie's mouth when she spotted Monty amongst the dead plants.

"Monty," she greeted, letting Aurora's hand go now that they were now in a closed space. She couldn't get too far.