1.06 | Demons

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by J*son Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 06 -- Demons -

- 06 -
- Demons -

An hour or two later, both Coralie and Bellamy are sound asleep, in an entirely different position than intended. Bellamy now sat on her left side, her head resting on his shoulder while his arm is securely wrapped around her waist. Her left leg was partially on him as well, resting atop of his own.

His head leant against hers, both sleeping soundlessly while Charlotte lies horizontally on her own stone-like bed in the corner.

They were all startled when Charlotte awake while screaming 'No!'. She sat up and breathes heavily, feeling around her confusingly until she remembered where they were and why they were there.

Coralie slid off of Bellamy, her cheeks heating up in hopes of him not mentioning the position as he went to sit beside Charlotte.

"I'm sorry," she quietly apologizes, frowning and slumping her shoulders. Bellamy watched her closely, taking in her frightened state. He looked back to Coralie who seemed to be battling between sleep and consciousness.

"Does it happen often?" He asks, turning towards Charlotte again. She sighs and looks away from him. "What are you scared of?... You know what? It doesn't matter."

Coralie furrowed her eyebrows as she listened to the conversation happening less than a foot away.

"The only thing that matters is what you do about it," he tells Charlotte.

"But... I'm asleep," she murmurs.

"Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you're awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep."

"Yeah, but... How?"

"You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death, fear is death."

Coralie keeps listening, staring at the floor with confusion written on her face.

"Let me see the knife I gave you," his raspy voice says, followed by the sound of shuffling which was Charlotte retrieving the weapon. He takes the makeshift knife and holds it in his hand. "Now, when you feel afraid you hold tight to that knife and you say, 'Screw you. I'm not afraid.'" He hands it back to her, and she looks at it for a few seconds.

"Screw you, I'm not afraid," she says softly, sending Bellamy an unsure glance. He made a face at her, and she sighed before repeating it but with more voice this time. "Screw you. I'm not afraid."