3.04 | A Promise

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by Jason Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Mister Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 04 -- A Promise  -

- 04 -
- A Promise -

Even hours after finding out about Ace's death, she could still hear a ringing in her ears.

You'd think that by now she'd be used to the death of her friends, but she wasn't and she'll never be.

Her shoulders felt heavy and every step tugged at her heart.

On their travel back to Arkadia, nobody said a word. Kane kept sparing his younger sister glances, but she was too caught up in her own mind, searching for answers she had no access to. But she never shed a tear. She looked nearly emotionless.

Bellamy wanted to engulf her in his arms, but he knew it'd be of no help. So, just like Kane, he'd glance at her every now and then to make sure she was alright, although he knew she wasn't.

After handing over her weapons, she instantly departed from the group after their arrival at Arkadia, Kane, and Bellamy glancing at one another before silently coming to an agreement that she should be alone.

An entire day passed and Coralie was nowhere to be found. Kane searched Arkadia for his younger sister in order to inform her about the memorial taking place an hour from then.

"She couldn't have left. One of the guards would've stopped her," Kane rambles to Bellamy as his eyes repeatedly roam his surroundings in search for the familiar face.

"Did you check MedBay? She could be with Raven," Bellamy suggests.

"Good idea," Kane nods.

"I'll look around. I might know where she is," Bellamy tells him before turning and jogging away.

He found himself in front of the door to Ace's unit shortly after. He rested his hand on the knob and was internally relieved when he twisted it and discovered it wasn't locked. He opened the door and his hand immediately searched for the light switch.

When the lights flicked on, his eyes instantly landed on Coralie's body lying in his bed.

He closed the door behind him and made his way to her side.

"Sunshine," he softly called. She didn't move a muscle. "Your brother's been looking all over for you. Wanted to know if you were okay."

When she doesn't respond, he sighs.

"There's a memorial today. Everybody's bringing items of their loved ones." He then glances around Ace's room. "Any of these could do."