4.05 | When the Rain Falls

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by Jason Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Mister Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 05 -- When the Rain Falls -

- 05 -
- When the Rain Falls -

Coralie woke with her head against Bellamy's chest. She blinked a few times before looking around and noticing that they were in their unit. She sat up and merely winced at the small pain in her arm, the one she had roughly landed on.

"You okay, Sunshine?" His voice startled her. She turns and gives him a small nod as she kicks the blanket off of herself.

"I-I have to-" she stutters, throwing her legs off the side of the bed. "MedBay. I have to check-"

"The baby's alright," Bellamy informs her as he sits up, as well. "They said they could hear the heartbeat."

"There's a heartbeat?" Her eyes watered as she turned back to him. He nods with a small smile.

Before becoming pregnant, she only ever had to worry about herself when she was put in harm's way. But now there's an entire life inside of her that she wants-has to keep alive.

"I was so scared," she admitted, crawling into his open arms and tucking herself into his embrace.

"Me, too, Sunshine," he sighs, kissing her temple.

Coralie glanced down and noticed Bellamy wasn't wearing what he had usually worn to sleep, but instead what he'd wear on a daily basis outside of their unit.

"Why are you-" she begins to ask but stops herself. "You're going back out." She pushes herself off of his chest.

"I won't be gone for as long, this time," Bellamy counters.

"It's like you're never here," Coralie squints at the ground.

"Sunshine, I'm trying to save the world, here."

"And what if there's no point?" She turns back to him. "All of this wasted time that could be spent together just... isn't."

"It's not time wasted, it's time spent at the cost of our lives. You can't tell me that's not a good reason."

Coralie bites her lower lip and stands up from the bed, standing still for a few moments so the abrupt dizziness could wear off. She then digs through the drawers and grabs one of her black long sleeve shirts and a pair of army pants.

She pulls the pants up over her undergarments and then slips into her shirt.

Bellamy watches her with a slightly ajar mouth, not exactly knowing what to say. She was annoyed, he could tell. But she's never been annoyed by his scouts before. Maybe it was the fact that she couldn't join or maybe it's because he's always with Clarke - he had a feeling it was more so the ladder.