1.04 | Savages

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by J*son Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 04 -- Savages -

- 04 -
- Savages -

It was now later in the day, and Coralie was helping Wells burry the bodies of the two boys who were killed by the landing.

Though Coralie's idea of 'helping' is very different from the actual term. She thought helping would also conclude that 'just being there' is good enough. So that's what she did. She was 'just there'.

Wells, though he was doing all of the work, enjoyed her company, being that she kept him entertained with her blabbering mouth.

In the beginning she spoke about plants and how fascinated she was at the thought of them. Then she started talking about her personal opinions on Earth and how she expected it'd look like from her perspective. Currently, she was telling stories about random things varying from the Ark to the soil beneath their very feet.

"You know, I thought dirt would be different here on the ground," she thought aloud as she braided her hair. It was getting hot out and she didn't want the hair clinging to her skin because she was sweating so much. Her sleeves were pulled back and it was the first time since they've arrived to Earth that she had taken off her gloves, which were shoved in her back pocket, the ends sticking out effortlessly. "Mom had kept a tree alive back on the Ark. She told me and Marcus that if we ever were to come to earth, we should plant it for her. I always said that she'd make it down here if Marcus and I were ever to, but she always said that the chance of her coming down to Earth was a load of B.S."

Wells never cut in when she was talking. He listened carefully and directly, hearing every word that came out of her mouth clearly.

"Have I been talking this whole time?" She frowns. When Wells chuckles, she blushed and bit her bottom lip to keep from talking any farther.

"Don't worry. I would rather listen to you talk up a storm than be alone," Wells assured her.

Eventually, though, she did realize that she was babbling and decided to turn the conversation towards him.

"So let me get this straight," Coralie cocks her head to the side. "They woke you up in the middle of the night to take your bracelet off?"

"I've only said that like eight times," he breathes harshly, wiping his forehead. "Hey, why don't you get off your ass and help me?"

"You see, I would, really..." She trails off, and Wells looks at her to finish her excuse. "But I don't want to." He scoffs and turns to finish throwing dirt over the last body.