1.10 | Dylan Tides

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by J*son Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 10 -- Dylan Tides -

- 10 -
- Dylan Tides -

Never did Coralie Evans-Kane and Raven Reyes ever think that a boy would get in between their friendship. Not even Finn Collins, who Coralie had despised for so long, got in the way of their bond.

The day started off bad for Coralie. She had woken up late and missed her first set of classes. Usually, her foster mother, Vera Kane, would wake her up as she left their home to make her way to work, but Vera left earlier that day and therefor she had nobody to wake her up.

Coralie then realized that she had forgotten to complete homework from the previous day and hoped that it would be one of those days that the teacher would forget. Too bad they hadn't. She was called out on it, and embarrassed in front of her whole class. The scene replayed in her mind over and over, repeatedly making her ears heat up with embarrassment.

During the time, Coralie had been dating a boy, Dylan Tides. He was the most charming male she had ever met and was head over heels for him. She wanted nothing more than to make him happy, but there was one problem - two, actually. One, he was too old for her. He was nineteen and she was three years younger than him. The other problem was that Raven absolutely despised him.

Raven hated looking at him, hearing his first name, hearing his last name, being in the same room as him and anything that just involved him.

Coralie never understood why until that day.

She had thought that her bad luck had ended for the day, but was so incredibly wrong.

Dylan had walked her to her afternoon job at the church that day, acting as though they were just friends when people passed, but holding hands and kissing the other's cheeks when they were alone in a hall.

When they reached their destination, Raven sat in one of the chairs waiting for her best friend. She sneered when she saw who Coralie was with.

"Hello to you, too, Raven," Dylan sighed.

"Hey, asshat."

"Nice jacket," he nods.

"That I wear everyday," Raven places her hands on her hips and narrows her eyes while cocking her head to the side.

"How has your day been going?"

"Awesome. That was until I caught sight of you," Raven forces out a fake smile.

Dylan looks down at Coralie with a pointed look. "See, babe? I'm trying."

Coralie rolled her eyes at the both of them as he leant down and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before he left.