Prologue

The Cage 2010

For the first few weeks after Michael, Lucifer, and Sam's arrival in the Cage it was calm. As calm as it could be with two Archangels, a hybrid, and a hunter all trapped in a cage in Hell. "Oh my god. Do you two ever shut up?" Libby groaned, throwing her head back as Lucifer and Michael continued to argue. Sam and Libby sat in the corner of the Cage, just watching them.

"I like when they argue," Sam muttered. "It keeps them from torturing me." Libby sent him a small smile, resting her head on his shoulder. Elizabeth and Sam had grown closer in those first few weeks, Libby keeping Lucifer and Michael from torturing Sam more than they'd like. The two Archangels didn't dare touch Libby, knowing that they'd regret it if they did. It felt as if Sam was crashing a horrible family reunion. But Libby was grateful to have Sam down there with her. It gave her someone to talk to that didn't want to chop her head off.

"Just...just keep it together. If I could survive millenniums in Hell then so can you. One day there's going to be someone stupid enough to poke at the Cage and let us out," Libby assured her boyfriend. Sam nodded, playing with her hair. Libby looked up at Sam from his shoulder and smiled at him.

"What?" he asked. She shook her head.

"Nothing. I'm just glad to have you here with me. I mean, I'm still pissed that you did the complete opposite of what I told you to do, but at least it's you here with me and not Dean." Sam chuckled. "He's definitely try to kill me."

"Are you two lovebirds done?" Lucifer asked, annoyed. Libby looked over, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you and Michael done bickering?" Libby retorted. Lucifer shot her a death glare. "I so wish I could kill you. I'd rather be here alone than with you two."

"Well, that's too bad, Elizabeth," Michael told her. "Because of your stupid plan failing the four of us are trapped here. It's bad enough down here as it is. Now we have to watch you and Romeo for all of eternity." Libby just snickered before Sam placed a kiss on her lips. "You're disgusting."

"And you're a dick. So how's that body? Adam still in there?" Libby questioned. Michael shook his head. "Good. I don't think anyone wants you controlling their body." Michael raised an eyebrow.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" he asked, offended. Libby shrugged.

"All I'm saying is that Gabriel always was my favorite uncle. You know, until somebody killed him," Libby said, shooting a glare at her father. "You always did have to be the best, didn't you?"

"Elizabeth, can we please just stop arguing? If we're going to be trapped down here then we all might as well get along," Lucifer pleaded. Libby shook her head, letting out a snort. "Are you really going to hold this against me?"

"You're the reason we're down here!" Libby roared. "If you had just gotten your head out of your ass and controlled your ego then we could all be happy on Earth!"

"Libby, calm down," Sam said. She sucked in a deep breath, nodding. "Look, the more we argue and torture the sooner we all snap," Sam told everyone. Lucifer chuckled.

"I'm still gonna torture you," he said. Michael nodded in agreement.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you two?" Libby asked her father and uncle. "God, I want to kill you all. How the hell am I even related to you two?"

"You're weak like your mother and those humans," Michael spat. Libby shot up, grabbing her sword. Sam jumped up and wrapped his arms around her, holding her back.

"Let me go! Sam, let me go! He deserves what he's gonna get!" Libby shouted, struggling to get out of Sam's grasp and lunge for Michael. Michael stared at the two with an amused smile. Sam opened his mouth to reply when the Cage started to rattle. Everyone looked around, hope filling Michael and Lucifer's eyes. Sam let go of Libby as the two looked up to see a bright light. Libby's eyes widened. Someone was coming for them, but it hadn't even been a day in Earth years since Sam ended up in the Cage. Something grasped Sam, pulling him out. When the person came back for Libby, Michael and Lucifer took that as their chance to try and escape. Libby lunged for them, knocking them away.