Chapter 9

So today there was a Code Red at my high school which means Active Killer on Campus. School hadn't even started when they called it. It was 7:33am and school starts at 7:40am. My friend and I ran into another class since our teacher wasn't there and she was trying to round kids up into our building. We were on lockdown for over three hours, maybe even four. Finally when they lifted it to Code Yellow which means Minimum Movement we waited for them to call buses and then my brother and I met up and left with his friend. I don't think I'm going to school tomorrow since it's Senior Prank Day and it's gonna be chaotic. And we had a Code Yellow on Tuesday with a threatened shooting, too. I'm done with my school. I mean I wasn't scared since I have threats on my life all the time, but kids were freaking out and even the teacher was.

(This chapter is purely fluff. No episodes involved.)

The sound of pots and pans clattering to the floor awoke Libby with a start, her hand instantly reaching out for her sword. "Fuck!" Dean's voice rang throughout the Bunker. Libby breathed a sigh of relief when she heard Sam's laugh as more things fell. They weren't in danger, they were cooking breakfast. Libby slipped the sword back under her mattress and made her way to the kitchen where the brothers rushed around in search of different ingredients. "No, Sammy, not turkey bacon." Libby chuckled as she leaned against the doorway, watching them with a smile. Sam rolled his eyes at Dean and handed him a different package of bacon.

"This?" Sam asked. Dean read the label and nodded, tearing it open with his teeth. "Aw, come on, man. I don't want your slobber all over my bacon."

"I didn't-" Dean sighed and waved his hand, deciding against arguing with his little brother. "I just want to get this done before Libby wakes up."

"Too late," she said. Dean jumped and spun around to see Libby smirking at him. Sam grinned and walked over to his girlfriend, leaning down and pressing a kiss on her lips. "Why leave me out of it? I'll help."

"No," Dean said as she reached for the pancake mix. Libby frowned at the older Winchester. "You suck at cooking," he told her bluntly.

"Ouch," Libby replied, putting a hand to her chest in mock hurt. "I don't think I'm that bad. Right, Sam?" When he didn't reply she looked up with a single eyebrow raised. Sam shrugged, smiling sheepishly. "Oh come on. Really?"

"You burnt the pancakes last time," Dean said flatly. "And the bacon and the eggs were barely cooked." Libby just scoffed and rolled her eyes, shaking her head. She glanced over Dean's shoulder to see a pile of chopped up strawberries on a cutting board. She grinned and walked around the Hunter, popping a few pieces in her mouth.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't eat them all," Sam told her, snatching the cutting board from Libby. She threw her head back and groaned. "We gotta save some for the pancakes. Here. Have this." Sam handed the redhead a can of whipped cream. She scrunched her nose up, studying the can.

"What the actual hell is whipped cream and why is it in a can?" Libby questioned, glancing back up at Sam. Dean stopped flipping the bacon and turned to look at his roommate with wide eyes.

"Libby, how do you not know what whipped cream is?" Dean asked. She just shrugged. Sam walked over and took the can, shaking it.

"Tilt your head back," he ordered. Libby furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wha-"

"Just do it." Libby complied and tilted her head back. "Open your mouth." She opened her mouth and Sam sprayed the whipped cream into her mouth. Libby closed her eyes and swallowed the whipped cream, giggling as she watched Sam mimic her actions with the can.

"How many milkshakes have you and Sam had that has whipped cream on them?"

"Milkshakes never had whipped cream on them," Libby said, thinking back to most of the diners that they had gone to. She had never seen whipped cream on them before. Dean's mouth fell open and he looked to Sam who smiled sheepishly. Libby glanced between them before it clicked. She smacked Sam's shoulder. "You ate all of the whipped cream, didn't you?" Sam held his hands up, taking a step back while laughing.