Chapter 16

I ALMOST FORGOT TO UPDATE. I MADE IT WITH 5 MINUTES LEFT IN THE DAY.

Libby slipped back into bed next to Sam before anyone woke up, and she even managed to get a little shut eye. She didn't want to have to worry about the excuses and lies she'd have to feed the Winchesters when they saw that she was cured but Sam was still sick. She couldn't tell them that she killed Andrew. He was still a threat out there and she couldn't risk it.

What if he came back looking for revenge and everyone thought he was dead? No one would be prepared and there would be casualties. Libby decided to wing it and closed her eyes, curling into Sam. Out of reflex, he reached his arm over her body and pulled her tighter against him, nuzzling his face in her neck with her hair up in a bun.

The next morning Elizabeth woke to the smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and a gasp that had escaped Sam's mouth. She felt his hands running along her arms, pushing her shirt up a bit to reveal the scarred skin on her abdomen. But there were no bulging black and red veins. "Libby," he whispered in astonishment and excitement. "You're healed." He glanced up at her face with a grin, laughing when he saw that her body had filled back out. Libby sat up in her bed groggily, examining her arms to play along.

"Oh my God." She forced out a laugh and a grin. "It's gone!" She let out a squeal as Sam pulled her towards him and planted a kiss on her lips, pulling away and laughing again.

"We gotta tell Dean." Before the redhead could even open her mouth to reply and protest, Sam was already running out of the room shouting his older brother's name. She chuckled to herself and quickly raced after him, not taking much time to catch up to the sick man. "Dean! Dean!" Dean jumped at the sudden shouting of his name, dropping the pan in his hand.

"Dammit, Sam!" He turned around to scold him further when Libby walked in the kitchen, the only bumps on her exposed skin being the scars from Hell. Dean's eyes widened. "What the-" Libby shrugged but smiled, even though the guilt was eating her away.

"I don't know. I just woke up like this," she lied. Dean walked over slowly, examining her arms in his hands before pulling her against him in a tight embrace and kissing the top of her head. She hugged him back after a moment of hesitation.

"Oh, thank God." You can say that again, Libby thought to herself. "You're healthy, you're powerful, you're strong. I could just go on. We have a fighting chance at slamming the Gates and both of you surviving now." The smile fell from her lips when she realized that this Dean didn't know she'd be sucked right in with the rest of the demons. But she didn't dare say anything to him about it. Libby didn't want to risk her death actually happening. If she managed to save Sam then that was all that mattered. Chuck would just give someone else the responsibility to stop the Darkness while Libby took over Hell and ran it correctly. She forced the smile back on her face when she pulled away, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. They were still depressed and almost dead, but Dean didn't seem to notice.

"I love you so much," Sam told her before pulling her into another hug. Libby clutched her boyfriend tightly, never wanting to let go. She was afraid of what would happen if they found out the truth, and the truth always manages to come out in the Winchester family. The family that she was considered a part of. She sniffled and a single tear slipped down her cheek. Sam heard it, furrowing his eyebrows. "Why are you crying?"

"I guess I'm just happy," she lied smoothly again, not pulling away to keep up the facade. She figured that she'd be lying a lot in the upcoming weeks, something she didn't want to do. "Hey, um, I'm gonna go get dressed, okay?" Sam nodded and let her go, watching as she raced out of the kitchen without sparing them another glance. The brothers didn't say anything. They just grinned and cleaned up the eggs that had landed on the floor after Dean dropped the frying pan. They were like two kids in a candy store. Hope filled their eyes and they exchanged silent words with their eyes.