Chapter 10.5

First day of school. Kill me

Elizabeth ran into the Bunker shouting Dean's name as she rushed down the steps. Dean and Kevin looked up, eyebrows furrowed. "Hey, hey, calm down. What's wrong?" His gaze traveled down to her clothes. They were tight, but they were white and red. Libby never wore white. It got dirty too easily, she always said. Elizabeth sucked in a deep breath and steadied her heart rate before speaking.

"I don't trust the angel in Sam." Dean stared at her in confusion. Libby had been with Castiel when he called Dean about Ezekiel's death. Libby hadn't said anything. She only hauled ass to the Bunker. "The angel in Sam, I know his name. I know the angel and he trusts me." Dean's eyes widened.

"How long have you known?" he demanded. Elizabeth shook her head.

"Not long. Only a couple of hours." She ran a hand through her hair. "I found out behind the bar. Metatron confronted him and—" Elizabeth cut herself off when Sam walked in. She wasn't sure if Gadreel had heard her or not. Dean glanced between the two before grabbing onto both of their wrists and pulling them into a separate room where they had all of the sigils painted on the walls.

Dean pulled out a knife and sliced his hand before slapping it on the sigil. The sigil ignited in a fiery light. Sam turned around and stared at Dean with wide eyes. "What's going on? What are you doing?" he questioned, slowly backing away. Elizabeth watched in curiosity.

"I got to tell you some stuff fast. It's gonna piss you off," Dean told him.

"Okay?" Sam and Elizabeth exchanged glances.

"Those trials really messed you up." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I know that, Dea—"

"No, you don't," Dean interrupted hurriedly. They were limited on time before the sigil died out and Gadreel could listen in again. "I mean messed you up like almost dead. No more birthdays, dust to dust. Well, that messed me up, so I made a move, okay, a tough move about you without talking it over because you were in a coma."

"Wait, what? When?"

"You were in the hospital, okay, and they said you were gonna die."

"What did you do?" Sam demanded. Dean paused, his mouth moving speechlessly for a moment.

"I let an angel in."

"In what?"

"In you. He said he could heal you and he is," Dean told him. Sam's eyes widened.

"He's still in me? Wait." Sam laughed. "That's impossible, Dean. That couldn't happen. I never invited him in."

"I tricked you into saying yes. It seemed like the only way," Dean defended before Sam could yell at him. Elizabeth ducked her head down as Sam sighed, turning away.

"So...again. You thought I couldn't handle something, so you took over!" Sam yelled.

"No, I did what I had to do! You would've never agreed to it, and you would've died," Dean roared. The youngest Winchester scowled down at him, walking towards him.

"Well, maybe I would've liked the choice, at least."

"We can do this later. You can – you can kick my ass all you want. Right now, we got bigger problems."

"Bigger?" Sam questioned in disbelief. He didn't think there was any way a problem could get bigger.

"The angel lied to me. Okay? He – he's not who he said he was. He said his name was Ezekiel. Cool guy, according to Cas, but it's not Ezekiel."