Chapter 12

"Ajay. Need to talk to you for a sec." A man leaning against a taxi looked up to see Dean. He pulled off his bluetooth headset, eyeing them.

"You know my name," Ajay stated. Sam nodded, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"And what you do. We want to do business," Sam told him. Libby went to take a step forward when someone tried to pass, but instead she stumbled. Sam caught her before she could hit the ground and he frowned down at her. She was getting worse. Ajay sent her a sympathetic glance. The reapers were fond of Libby, probably the only supernatural creature that wanted her on their side.

"But you are mortal – flesh and blood," Ajay told the brothers, studying them for a quick second.

"But if we wanted to cross the border into Hell – "

"Visitor's pass," Dean interrupted.

"No one wants to get into Hell," Ajay replied, an amused smile tugging at his lips. The Hunters sounded crazy to him. Everyone knew the three of them had been to Hell and back multiple times.

"But could a coyote like you do it?" Libby asked. Ajay nodded.

"It's possible. But I have special skills. I have overhead. It will be pricey."

"How pricey?" Dean questioned, not at all fazed. They were desperate to complete the Trial. They needed a reaper to get in. They weren't willing to risk Libby and her powers to get in with no guarantee of getting out.

"You three are resourceful. One day, you will owe me a favor," Ajay said simply.

"You say that like you know us."

"Of course. You're Elizabeth and the Winchesters," Ajay said as if it were obvious. Despite the seriousness of the situation, Libby snorted. It sounded like a crap ass band started by a couple of teenagers. Instead, it was a kickass hunting trio.

"Sorry. Have we met?" Dean asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I am the reaper who took Bobby Singer to Hell." Guilt gnawed at Libby's gut. She wasn't there to save him because she wouldn't let Sam go through with the original plan to kick Lucifer's ass back in the Cage. If she had just accepted it then maybe Bobby Singer would still be alive.

Sam scoffed and said, "Bobby in Hell? We burned his bones. Once we did that, it was over. End of story."

"Hmm... Not necessarily."

"No, no, no, 'cause, see, Bobby was on the good side of things, and good guys go to the penthouse," Dean retorted, pointing up to the sky. Libby let out a sigh.

"Usually, mostly," she said. The brothers glanced over to the redhead, confused. "Depends on who you know, what palms get greased. If you're on the King of Hell's no-fly list, no way you end up with the winged douchebags."

"Crowley," Dean growled in realization. Libby and Ajay nodded. "Okay, let's do this. How much for two tickets down and three back?" Sam pulled Dean off to the side, leaving Ajay and Libby alone.

"You look horrible," Ajay commented. Libby rolled her eyes, scoffing and shaking her head. Her wet hair stuck to the back of her neck, Libby silently cursing out the rain.

"Tell me about it."

"Why help the Winchesters? You're a powerful being," Ajay told her. Libby nodded her head to the side. "You're dying, aren't you?"

"Yeah," she whispered. "Soon I could be human." Libby knew she could trust the reapers. They were the only ones who didn't take sides. The ones who stayed neutral throughout all of the wars and stayed loyal to Elizabeth. Sam and Dean walked back over, Dean's face showing just how happy he was with the plan, which wasn't at all.