Chapter 13

Just finished my high school Freshman year today! And just last night I watched my brother walk the stage as a Taravella Trojan Alumni graduate. Watch out, BC and FAU, here he comes!

Dean entered the room with two bags of groceries in one hand and a case of beer in the other. He glanced around the room to see Libby passed out on the table, book resting on her chest and her other arm hanging off of the side of the table. Dean frowned at the sight of the red and black veins and he noticed that they had spread more, stopping just under her bra. They were so dark that the white tank top didn't do much to shield them away from everyone's sight.

He set the bags down in a chair and sat down in front of an open laptop, pulling a beer from the case as he kept his eyes on the screen. Sam groaned, rubbing his face as he walked in. "Y-" Dean cringed as he studied his little brother. "Man, I'm telling you, give me five minutes with some clippers, and..."

"Oh, shut up," Sam grunted, fixing the catastrophe that was his hair. He eyed Libby who lay across the table passed out before looking back to Dean. "Uh, what time did I lay down?" Dean checked his watch.

"You took a siesta around noon. Yesterday." Dean grabbed another beer and tossed it in Sam's direction. Sam failed to react and the beer went flying right by him, landing on the floor with a loud shatter. Libby awoke with a gasp, shooting up. The book fell to the floor and she glanced around wide eyed.

"I'm sorry, I, uh..." Sam looked between Dean and the broken bottle.

"That's why we don't have nice things, Sam," Dean said quickly. Sam started to walk towards Dean but stumbled a bit. "You okay?" Sam nodded.

"Yeah, I'm-I'm fine, I just—" He leaned on the table and rubbed his face. "Uh, you know what, I'm gonna get dressed. We should go find Kevin." He turned to go back to his room when Dean got up and stopped him.

"Hey hey, hey hey hey, easy, easy, sleeping beauty. Look, man, I've hacked into every security camera around Garth's houseboat, Kevin's hometown, where Mrs Tran lived..."

"And?"

"Well, nothing so far." Sam sighed, watching Libby out of the corner of his eye. She rolled off of the table and let out a yawn, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She definitely looked worse than Sam, but the two were almost tied.

"Dean, we have to find him," Sam said. Libby didn't dare open her mouth. She felt too guilty to even think about speaking. She'd slip up and she knew it.

"I know. I know, but Garth is out looking for him, we got a hunter APB out on Kevin, we will do what we can from here while you get better."

"I'm fine. Dean, I can still go out there, I can still hunt." Libby let out a snort, earning a pointed glare from her boyfriend.

"Really?" Dean challenged.

Dean led Libby and Sam to the shooting range in the Bunker. Libby sat in the back corner, watching as Dean loaded a gun.

"This is stupid," Sam told his brother. Dean fired the gun twice, hitting one of the targets both times right in the chest. Dean turned over the pistol in his hands, examining it, before handing it over to Sam.

"Alright. You hit that target, we'll talk about getting you back out there," he replied.

"No problem." Sam held the gun with one hand, pointing it at the target, but his arm was shaking too much. So he steadied the gun with the other hand and fired twice, missing the target entirely both times. Libby let out a groan. "You wanna do this, Ariel?" Sam snapped, pissed enough to use Crowley's nickname for her. Libby rolled her eyes and got up, slowly making her way towards the other two Hunters. She snatched the gun from Sam's grasp and pointed it at the target, shooting twice and hitting the chest once and the head the second time.